Topic Sponsor
Southwest AZ, CA, HI, NM, NV, UT

Anyone have experience with engine rebuilds -Socal

Old 11-09-2015, 01:29 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with engine rebuilds -Socal

Hi guys,
Was looking into Wayne's or Randy's in Anaheim. Looking for anyone that has experience with the either one (or anyone in Socal!). Was wondering what the price, turnaround time, experience with engine rebuilders in SoCal. LA, OC, IE, and will maybe go down as far as Oceanside.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Buy a Re-man 5.0 ... pay the shop to remove and install
Old 11-09-2015, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by techrep
Buy a Re-man 5.0 ... pay the shop to remove and install
Was thinking of that too. Someone suggested Jasper. Very expensive. And I don't have enough experience to buy a remanufactured engine. I've only just googled internet sites that sell them and even that, I don't know what I'll be getting (parts wise that come with the engine). Unless you have a source for one that you can recommend.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

you can actually order from your local auto parts store.. they can tell you every detail.. and it comes with a nice warranty
Old 11-09-2015, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by techrep
you can actually order from your local auto parts store.. they can tell you every detail.. and it comes with a nice warranty
Ohhh didn't know that!
Old 11-09-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Most local auto parts stores have their preferred remanufacturer. You usually have a couple different options. They will be able to tell you what accessories come with them and what doesn't (intake, brackets, etc.).

If you do go ahead with a rebuild, make sure they magnaflux the block and heads to make sure they don't have stress cracks. Also make sure they do a heated chemical clean to remove all of the sludge and built up particles that are in your engine. A reman'd engine should have all of this done already plus as mentioned above, a warranty.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Manuellabour247
If you do go ahead with a rebuild, make sure they magnaflux the block and heads to make sure they don't have stress cracks. Also make sure they do a heated chemical clean to remove all of the sludge and built up particles that are in your engine. A reman'd engine should have all of this done already plus as mentioned above, a warranty.
Did a bunch of googling today and saw a bunch within 100 miles of my area in SoCal. Some of them have been around for a long time and do rebuilds for racers. One place does rebuilds and also installs Jasper engines. Some good videos on the JasperEngines web site. Great to have companies do that and see what actually goes into the product. Jasper is probably most expensive route but I had to cut corners only to get bit again later on you know what I mean?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with engine rebuilds -Socal