Topic Sponsor
Texas Don't mess with us!

Far North Dallas - Modded Magnetic - Is it yours?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 12:54 PM
GDN

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

Default Far North Dallas - Modded Magnetic - Is it yours?

Live in Far North Dallas- Coit and Arapaho area - on the way to work this morning - saw a truck come from the same general neighborhood. Pretty cool mods - figure someone with all of those has to be a member of a board like this. Think it was Magnetic color, thought it was an FX4 at first - but didn't have the dark tails, so had to be XLT or Lariat - had wheels, small lift or at least leveled, badges were Plastidipped or colored, Raptor lights in grill, replaced fogs and had the fogs and DRL's on without headlights on. Had 4x4 Ecobeast emblems on the bed. Truck looked nice.

Curious about getting the Fog lights on without headlights? How? Maybe special wiring? I know with IDS you can turn on DRL's. Or maybe just had the parking lights on? Will fogs come on with just parking lights or must have headlights on too?

Just curious if this trucks owner was on the board? I was driving the '14 Laraiat.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You were describing my truck to a "tee" until the Raptor lights and ecoboost! Lol
Old 03-16-2016, 05:21 PM
GDN

I'm in Far North Dallas on La Cabeza. I actually tried and did learn after seeing this truck, that he just had his parking lights turned on along with the fogs. I wasn't sure this was possible, because I've just gotten lazy and use the automatic lights all the time and leave the fogs on all the time. Just interesting to see one with those lights on without headlights.

What part of Dallas are you in? Did you plastidip your badges or replace them completely?
Old 03-16-2016, 10:33 PM

I live in Rowlett, but my house is currently under construction due to the tornado in December. Currently I'm staying in East Dallas near Mesquite, but I work in downtown Dallas. I Plastidipped my badges and I couldn't be happier with results. They look amazing!
Old 03-17-2016, 02:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GDN
Curious about getting the Fog lights on without headlights? How? Maybe special wiring? I know with IDS you can turn on DRL's. Or maybe just had the parking lights on? Will fogs come on with just parking lights or must have headlights on too?
http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/se.../2014-f150.pdf

Look at Page 71 (actually page 73 in the document)
The following users liked this post:
GDN (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 02:37 PM
GDN

Originally Posted by LoadSmasher
I live in Rowlett, but my house is currently under construction due to the tornado in December. Currently I'm staying in East Dallas near Mesquite, but I work in downtown Dallas. I Plastidipped my badges and I couldn't be happier with results. They look amazing!

Sorry to hear you were hit by the tornado - sounds like at least you and the truck and hope any family all survived it. I've seen a tornado in real life - quite an eerie feeling. I was out of town when the December storms and tornadoes hit. Glad you are getting things back together already. Were you home when it hit?
Old 03-21-2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by GDN
Were you home when it hit?
Sure was! Had just got back from Bass Pro and sat down on the couch! We were super lucky compared to others! The whole reason I have the 2015 is because the tornado destroyed my 2005 w/244K miles! People like to talk smack about Fords, but the only thing that ever took my 2005 out was an act of God!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:21 AM

Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by LoadSmasher

We travel in the same areas all the time and I don't think I've seen your truck. I live in Forney and drive through Rowlett relatively frequently. I also work in downtown Dallas. I too have a Magnetic gray F150 Lariat FX4.
LoadSmasher (05-18-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 02:47 PM

Received 204 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm jealous, I've been in Midland since Oct. I miss Rockwall, Rowlett, Forney. FML. I need a new career or midlife crisis!
LoadSmasher (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Spamfritter
We travel in the same areas all the time and I don't think I've seen your truck. I live in Forney and drive through Rowlett relatively frequently. I also work in downtown Dallas. I too have a Magnetic gray F150 Lariat FX4.
I teach and coach at First Baptist Academy. The school is part of the big First Baptist of Dallas church. Luckily, I fit in the parking garage across the street from the big fountain in front of the church (corner of St. Paul and San Jacinto). I haven't seen your truck either, but I have seen a lifted, white FX4 parked in one of the open lots.

Originally Posted by OilFieldCash
I'm jealous, I've been in Midland since Oct. I miss Rockwall, Rowlett, Forney. FML. I need a new career or midlife crisis!
Ha! I lived in Abilene for 3 years before I retired from active duty, so I know that area well! Funny thing is, I'd go back in a heart beat! Love that area for some reason

Quick Reply: Far North Dallas - Modded Magnetic - Is it yours?