Topic Sponsor
Texas Don't mess with us!

Attn: San antonio

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 01:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Attn: San antonio

I had my spare stolen a couple weeks ago without any damage to the truck whatsoever. I didn't think much of it at the time, besides I hate thieves. But in the past week or so I have seen multiple 09 and up f150s with the spare hoist hanging down. Today I saw a guy at the car wash and stopped to tell him he was missing his spare and what do you know his was stolen as well. So keep an eye out guys and gals they are able to get the spares out and leave absolutely zero damage to your truck even with the cheap lock in the bumper. Mine is now cabled and locked to my frame.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:26 PM

Received 222 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by joshn
I had my spare stolen a couple weeks ago without any damage to the truck whatsoever. I didn't think much of it at the time, besides I hate thieves. But in the past week or so I have seen multiple 09 and up f150s with the spare hoist hanging down. Today I saw a guy at the car wash and stopped to tell him he was missing his spare and what do you know his was stolen as well. So keep an eye out guys and gals they are able to get the spares out and leave absolutely zero damage to your truck even with the cheap lock in the bumper. Mine is now cabled and locked to my frame.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

sucks that there's some lowlifes out there stealing spares. Wonder if they came across one that was locked/chained up if they'd decide to take out their frustration on the lost score by damaging/keying-up etc. the truck
Old 11-05-2014, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was stolen as well. I'm not sure when it happened, though. It could have been any time between November 2013 and September 2014.

It turns out you can stick the lowering rod tool in between the top of the bumper and the bottom of the tailgate for access to the black funnel. Whoever took mine left a little indentation in the top of the bumper plastic. You won't even notice it if you don't know what to look for.

That cheap lock that Ford put in the bumper is totally worthless.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joshn
What brand of cable did you get? Length? I need to get one for my second spare.

Right now I just back up as close as I can get to my garage.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I actually got my cable at Javelina Harley Davidson, it is a cable they sell for locking your motorcycle up I think it is about 5 feet long. it's about three quarters of an inch thick steel cable coated in rubber and it was 12 bucks then I just bought the heaviest duty lock I could find at Walmart
Old 11-22-2014, 12:07 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I went to harbor freight off 410/military and got some cable and a pad lock. Mine in locked up tight. Watch your tailgate also.. people are stealing those left and right around Marshall HS.

Quick Reply: Attn: San antonio