Topic Sponsor

My 2011 FX4 Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2011 FX4 Sucks!

Ok I'm kind of ranting here but also looking for some input as to whether or not there's anything I can do. I got my 2011 FX4 2 years ago and currently have 45,000 km on it. Since the day I bought it I've had nothing but issues. Here are a list of things I've had fixed on it over the past 2 years and 2 months:

-New tires (failed road force test right out of the lot)
-New tonneau cover (leaked like crazy right off the lot)
-Multiple SYNC issues (i've just given up at this point and don't use it)
-Front speaker replaced
-Blower motor for cabin fan replaced
-Battery replaced
-12 cracked lug bolts replaced
-Rear backup sensor replaced
-Rotors machined
-Brakes needed service at 40,000km
-Rust appearing along bottom door jamb where weather strip is seated
-As of today a major clunking/rattling sound from front end when I go over a bump

Maybe I'm just too picky but in my opinion that is way too many issues on a truck with 45,000km. I have an appointment at the dealer next week for the last issue and I want to talk to a manager about my lack of satisfaction with my first Ford. Do you think I'm being too picky or do I have a right to go in and complain? Is there anything the dealer can actually do or am I just stuck with this truck for the time being? Just looking for some input.

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:06 PM

Received 216 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by hotelfive
Ok I'm kind of ranting here but also looking for some input as to whether or not there's anything I can do. I got my 2011 FX4 2 years ago and currently have 45,000 km on it. Since the day I bought it I've had nothing but issues. Here are a list of things I've had fixed on it over the past 2 years and 2 months:

-New tires (failed road force test right out of the lot)
-New tonneau cover (leaked like crazy right off the lot)
-Multiple SYNC issues (i've just given up at this point and don't use it)
-Front speaker replaced
-Blower motor for cabin fan replaced
-Battery replaced
-12 cracked lug bolts replaced
-Rear backup sensor replaced
-Rotors machined
-Brakes needed service at 40,000km
-Rust appearing along bottom door jamb where weather strip is seated
-As of today a major clunking/rattling sound from front end when I go over a bump

Maybe I'm just too picky but in my opinion that is way too many issues on a truck with 45,000km. I have an appointment at the dealer next week for the last issue and I want to talk to a manager about my lack of satisfaction with my first Ford. Do you think I'm being too picky or do I have a right to go in and complain? Is there anything the dealer can actually do or am I just stuck with this truck for the time being? Just looking for some input.

Thanks!

My New 2012 has had many issue's not the same but I only have 8,400KM on it right now.
had a bunch TSB's tech service bulletin's

Trans shifting hard, not going into reverse right away lagging

Trans lunging off cold start to 3 gear for the trans issue's they did a higher calibration, on the PCM now goes like a raped ape and very smooth and fast off the line no lagging up 1800 rpm very tight feeling, just like my supercharged GTP

Rear end snap pop crack bang replaced oil slinger when going in reverse and worse backing up hill, then started in forward.

sliding rear window latch broke in my hand first time I used it, they had to replace the whole slider

door stopper broke off, replaced

drivers mirror fell out when folded the mirror in.

So No I would go after them, if it was me, and if your dealer won't play nice go to another dealer, I say that cause we have all kinds of dealers around here in Vancouver.

I would contact Ford Service Canada in the forum I think its Ashley she helped me big time, gave the right people to talk with. there in the Community at the top of the forum. look at the top think they have a thread posted.

If you have warranty left id go after them....to get stuff fixed specially that front end.

Good Luck

Grant

Last edited by Grandpa's Grocery Getter; 02-13-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:25 AM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

OK I'll ask. What's a road force test and why would typically do it right out of the lot?
I also have a 2011 FX4 and it needed the rotors turned to fix a pulsing brake pedal. The tonneau also leaks but that's an aftermarket product so you can't blame Ford for that
No other issues to report for me but if you're still under warranty go after them to fix it
Old 02-14-2014, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! As soon as I drove it off the lot the truck was shaking all over the place. I took it back the next day and they do a test on the tires and 2 of them failed and were replaced.

As for my last issue (the clunking noise), I kicked of a HUGE chunk of ice that was under my truck (near the wheel well and running board area) and that seems to have fixed that...
Old 02-15-2014, 06:26 AM

Received 216 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by hotelfive
Thanks guys! As soon as I drove it off the lot the truck was shaking all over the place. I took it back the next day and they do a test on the tires and 2 of them failed and were replaced.

As for my last issue (the clunking noise), I kicked of a HUGE chunk of ice that was under my truck (near the wheel well and running board area) and that seems to have fixed that...

also my New Bak flip HD tonneau leaked as well just had to adjust it took all of 15 min doing a few tries...now stays dry other then the moisture from our rainy winters here in Vancouver.
Attached Thumbnails My 2011 FX4 Sucks!-316762_10151052762367852_535918963_n.jpg   My 2011 FX4 Sucks!-400441_10151040493397852_331092585_n.jpg  
Old 02-15-2014, 08:21 AM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Can I assume you didn't test drive your truck before you bought it?
Of all the trucks I test drove only one with the 20" Pirellis exhibited the dreaded flat spotting. Any chance your truck has those tires?

Quick Reply: My 2011 FX4 Sucks!