Topic Sponsor

Extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended warranty

Just ordered a CCSB 2.7 and I'm looking for some extended warranty pricing info. I was only given some figures ie: extra care 6 years 200,000 km $3150.00.
Thanks
Old 02-02-2016, 08:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default warranty

contact Flood Ford

Dave
Old 02-04-2016, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American warranty

I just ordered a 16 as well, along with a good friend of mine. We discussed buying it from across the border as well. My buddy called over to Zeigler Ford to the guy giving deals to forum members and he said Ford Canada put a stop to this and wouldn't be honor it anymore. He wouldn't sell it to my buddy. I wouldn't risk it unless you contact Ford Canada and confirm they will.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:01 PM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Save your money, extended warranties are a waste. Better off taking that $3150 and investing it in a term GIC for six years, at least you'll get something useful out of it.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:31 AM

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by SVT4MT
Save your money, extended warranties are a waste. Better off taking that $3150 and investing it in a term GIC for six years, at least you'll get something useful out of it.
my full extended warranty paid itself off writhing the first year I've owned it. Now I've got a CEL on so it may be saving me a bunch more now.
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (02-23-2016)
Old 02-19-2016, 04:49 PM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

So in that first year, were your repairs more than what you paid for the extended warranty?

Up until you hit that point, they're just using your own money to pay the claim. In the case above, owner would need repairs over $3150 before seeing any kind of benefit to buying the extended warranty.

Most times you go through that period with no problems, pure profit on the extended warranty, and you dropped that profit into their pocket.

But that's just my interpretation, I've been lucky to never have any major issues that needed warranty coverage, let alone extended warranties.

Last edited by SVT4MT; 02-19-2016 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:56 PM

So in that first year, were your repairs more than what you paid for the extended warranty? Up until you hit that point, they're just using your own money to pay the claim. In the case above, owner would need repairs over $3150 before seeing any kind of benefit to buying the extended warranty. Most times you go through that period with no problems, pure profit on the extended warranty, and you dropped that profit into their pocket. But that's just my interpretation, I've been lucky to never have any major issues that needed warranty coverage, let alone extended warranties.
the warranty was cheaper in Canada and I've already had over two grand of warranty work done yes. Power folding mirrors had issues, a running board was replaced and the opposite one is having issues so it'll be replaced before I go off warranty as well. Then who knows what will be the situation with my engine issues now. I'd pay for the peace of mind over the extra 60'000 km to not have to worry about it. Just my opinion.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:50 AM

So in that first year, were your repairs more than what you paid for the extended warranty? Up until you hit that point, they're just using your own money to pay the claim. In the case above, owner would need repairs over $3150 before seeing any kind of benefit to buying the extended warranty. Most times you go through that period with no problems, pure profit on the extended warranty, and you dropped that profit into their pocket. But that's just my interpretation, I've been lucky to never have any major issues that needed warranty coverage, let alone extended warranties.
reviewed warranty yesterday before taking it in today. (I noticed you're Canadian so I'll keep it in Canadian dollars) Warranty was $2400 before taxes, resulting is around $2700 after tax. (Manitoba) Thus far I've had one running board replaced and the other one is getting replaced now. Not sure on price of these from factory but I'm sure its upwards of $1000. Had both mirrors replaced as the power function wasn't working. Over $1000 in parts for the headlights. Now who knows what the timing chain will cost, from what I've heard it's generally upwards of $3000? Not sure on this number, just what I've read. And with the premium care warranty I get a truck as a rental in return at no cost to me aside from paying the insurance for it. I know this is a case by case thing, but boy am I happy that I paid that $2700. For reference I bought it at 86,000 km's, I'm currently at 115,000 km's and have warranty for another 30,000 km's.

Also by chance, I got the "happy one year in your new truck" email from ford today. I thought that it was pretty ironic I got that message the day I'm taking it in.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:14 PM

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

I'm just coming off my warranty @ 150,000.
The inter-cooler was replaced, the interior fan motor, and today, the rear window (finally...another LONG story). The inter-coolers were too small and I think would have been covered regardless.
Was it worth it? Hard to say. Mine was the '11, which was the first year of the Ecoboost. Add to that all the factory toys (power everything, Nav, etc.). So on the uncertainty I took it. I didn't get the $ out of it, but felt at the time it was a good bet.
It may depend on how many options you took. The more toys, maybe the higher likelihood of failures. Just an opinion.
The following users liked this post:
muirj3 (02-22-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 09:24 AM

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I decided not to go with the extended warranty on mine at purchase. I'll re-evaluate 6 months down the road and see how my over-all experience has been. In the meantime, I will put the money I would have spent monthly on the extended in a savings account.

I did, however, opt for the maintenance plan. Since I financed the truck at 0%, I think it wasn't a bad decision.

Quick Reply: Extended warranty