Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Community > Regional Forums > Canada
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #1871
Senior Member
 
ianinedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 963
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 149 Times in 127 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevint View Post
Ian, was that cost to take it from the 200 series to the remote cell phone type? I wonder if it is the same to go from the OEM 100 series to the remote? I would be very interested in it, at that price.
It's the same price regardless of what you previously have.

My buddy had the factory 100 installed when he bought it and paid that price. He gave me a copy of his receipt and I took it in and asked for the same thing.

I have both the 100 and the 200 installed and just got this added as well. All three systems work perfectly. I know it's total overkill and if i could do it again i woudln't buy the 200. However when i bought the 200, Ford didn't have their **** together at all in regards to the Remote Access and I wasn't going through one of our winters with just the crappy 100 series. All in all, i paid $850 to have both the 200 and Remote Access installed over the last 6 mos. I did the 200 myself though.
__________________
2013 F150 EB Limited
Tuxedo Black - Power Tailgate Mod - DD3.0 Mod - LED Bedlights - Limited Boost Bar
ianinedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #1872
Senior Member
 
Nevint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 38 Times in 32 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianinedm View Post
It's the same price regardless of what you previously have.

My buddy had the factory 100 installed when he bought it and paid that price. He gave me a copy of his receipt and I took it in and asked for the same thing.

I have both the 100 and the 200 installed and just got this added as well. All three systems work perfectly. I know it's total overkill and if i could do it again i woudln't buy the 200. However when i bought the 200, Ford didn't have their **** together at all in regards to the Remote Access and I wasn't going through one of our winters with just the crappy 100 series. All in all, i paid $850 to have both the 200 and Remote Access installed over the last 6 mos. I did the 200 myself though.
Do you happen to have the part numbers required for the remote system? I'd like to get an estimate from my local dealer in Red Deer, just to compare. If they can match the Koch price, I think I'd pull the trigger on it.

Also, what is the subscription cost?
__________________
'12 Sterling Grey FX4 EB, Auto tailgate lock, LED bed lights, LED under hood light, reflector turn signals, LEDs (in/out), stripper pole delete, Overlays from MoodyBlue, Raptor side steps, Aurora 30" SR, Rancho QL, Rancho 9000XL rears, Toyo AT2, FX-R Retrofits, LED fogs, tint, AirLift, Remote Access
Next: Exhaust & tuner
Nevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #1873
Senior Member
 
ianinedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 963
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 149 Times in 127 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevint View Post
Do you happen to have the part numbers required for the remote system? I'd like to get an estimate from my local dealer in Red Deer, just to compare. If they can match the Koch price, I think I'd pull the trigger on it.

Also, what is the subscription cost?
subscription is $50/year CAD. Here is all the details and their pricing breakdown in one image:
Click the image to open in full size.

If your dealer in Red Deer can't match that, it's worth it to drive here and get it done. When my friend had it done, it took them less than an hour in total.
__________________
2013 F150 EB Limited
Tuxedo Black - Power Tailgate Mod - DD3.0 Mod - LED Bedlights - Limited Boost Bar
ianinedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #1874
Senior Member
 
Nevint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 38 Times in 32 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianinedm View Post
subscription is $50/year CAD. Here is all the details and their pricing breakdown in one image:
If your dealer in Red Deer can't match that, it's worth it to drive here and get it done. When my friend had it done, it took them less than an hour in total.
So it is only one piece of hardware? For some reason I thought it was two! I am going to call MGM today and see what they offer.
__________________
'12 Sterling Grey FX4 EB, Auto tailgate lock, LED bed lights, LED under hood light, reflector turn signals, LEDs (in/out), stripper pole delete, Overlays from MoodyBlue, Raptor side steps, Aurora 30" SR, Rancho QL, Rancho 9000XL rears, Toyo AT2, FX-R Retrofits, LED fogs, tint, AirLift, Remote Access
Next: Exhaust & tuner
Nevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #1875
Senior Member
 
ianinedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 963
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 149 Times in 127 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevint View Post
So it is only one piece of hardware? For some reason I thought it was two! I am going to call MGM today and see what they offer.
that "need the security kit" as well is a pile of crap. My buddy doesn't have it and it still works fine. His invoice has the exact same parts as my invoice does.
__________________
2013 F150 EB Limited
Tuxedo Black - Power Tailgate Mod - DD3.0 Mod - LED Bedlights - Limited Boost Bar
ianinedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #1876
Senior Member
 
1994Vmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ardmore Alberta
Posts: 840
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 100 Times in 83 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Yeah I want both modules including the security one. Koch would be about the same price if you included that as the dealer I am going to. Its funny how few dealers even know what the hell this system is.
1994Vmax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #1877
Senior Member
 
ianinedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 963
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 149 Times in 127 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass69 View Post
Yeah I want both modules including the security one. Koch would be about the same price if you included that as the dealer I am going to. Its funny how few dealers even know what the hell this system is.
I agree, it's embarrassing on their part.
__________________
2013 F150 EB Limited
Tuxedo Black - Power Tailgate Mod - DD3.0 Mod - LED Bedlights - Limited Boost Bar
ianinedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #1878
Senior Member
 
Nevint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alberta
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 38 Times in 32 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianinedm View Post
that "need the security kit" as well is a pile of crap. My buddy doesn't have it and it still works fine. His invoice has the exact same parts as my invoice does.
Sherwood Ford quoted me $462 for just the 390C antenna! It looks like Koch might be the winner. Still waiting to hear from MGM.
__________________
'12 Sterling Grey FX4 EB, Auto tailgate lock, LED bed lights, LED under hood light, reflector turn signals, LEDs (in/out), stripper pole delete, Overlays from MoodyBlue, Raptor side steps, Aurora 30" SR, Rancho QL, Rancho 9000XL rears, Toyo AT2, FX-R Retrofits, LED fogs, tint, AirLift, Remote Access
Next: Exhaust & tuner
Nevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #1879
Member
 
hlywd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Calgary
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I'd def be interested to hear what MGM had to say. That's where I picked up my truck. I live in calgary, and still went back there.
__________________
2014 Black FX4 SCrew, leather, sony audio with nav, remote start, led's switched out everywhere, hid's in fog lights, 20% tint on all windows, plasti dipped black rims and badges, husky mud flaps, stubby six inch antenna, aFe stage 2 Magnum cold air intake, Corsa db Performance cat-back exhaust, Leer 700 tonneau
hlywd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #1880
Senior Member
 
ianinedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 963
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanked 149 Times in 127 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevint View Post
Sherwood Ford quoted me $462 for just the 390C antenna! It looks like Koch might be the winner. Still waiting to hear from MGM.
Koch did try to charge me $570 when it was done, but I whipped out my buddies receipt and said i am not paying any more than that and they adjusted it to match. Granted, when I called the accessories group to book, I had them look up his invoice number to confirm they would honor his pricing in the first place. I was a bit surprised but they still changed it to what they initially agreed to.

if you do call Koch, ask for Courtney in accessories and have them look up invoice # AE03265 (mine) or invoice # AE03517 (my buddies). They are both priced at $486.65 installed after tax. Good luck! this is a pretty sweet feature, i wish it had a bit more features in the app (temp, climate and actual location vs just a panic button), but being OEM, I am not surprised it doesn't.
__________________
2013 F150 EB Limited
Tuxedo Black - Power Tailgate Mod - DD3.0 Mod - LED Bedlights - Limited Boost Bar
ianinedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:39 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.