Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Yet another quesiton about Tow mirrors...so I am sorry...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Zax
♫♪ I Hold On ♫♪

Received 77 Likes on 72 Posts

Default Yet another quesiton about Tow mirrors...so I am sorry...

Okay, Go easy on me please.

My question is that I read somewhere on here that if you have an 08 with power mirrors (not heated, no blinker or puddle lamp), the tow mirrors are plug and play, only thing that doesn't work is heat...can anyone confirm this because I can't for the life of me seem to find that post I read. It's driving me nuts because I have been trying all day to find it cause I need to get tow mirrors, but I can't decide if I am able to...so any help would be great! Thanks!!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:31 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd contact Tasca ford parts, there's a website with contact info just google, and they can tell u what works. If u don't have any extras I'd doubt that any of those things will work if u add tow mirrors. You would have to do some rewiring to make it work, again IMO. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Zax
♫♪ I Hold On ♫♪

Received 77 Likes on 72 Posts

Okay, so looks like I found my answer. I was doing some research and talked to my dealer and they happen to have an 08 and 07 on the lot, and they pulled them in for me and we compared the mirror set up. Both were XLT scabs with just power mirrors, and the 08 is plug and play with Tow Mirrors, however, heat may or may not work, but for me, that's fine, I don't care for the heated feature.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Thanks for researching and posting the followup answer. This way should the search tool be used, others will know.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Yet another quesiton about Tow mirrors...so I am sorry...