Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Yet Another exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:56 AM
Truckin'Boatin'Bikin' Nut

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Yet Another exhaust question

Really thinking of doing the exhaust thing. Has anyone installed the Gibson Extreme duals, or the Saleen duals (rear exit). If so, what do you think, sound and quality wise. Thanks a bunch
Old 02-23-2009, 03:03 AM
'06 F150 4.6L V8 Triton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I like my Flowmaster 40 SI/DO.

My friend has a Gibson Supertruck Exhaust on his silverado V6 and that thing is LOUD!!! And annoying kind of.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gjdavies
Really thinking of doing the exhaust thing. Has anyone installed the Gibson Extreme duals, or the Saleen duals (rear exit). If so, what do you think, sound and quality wise. Thanks a bunch
my edelbrock saleen dual cat back should be here on thursday and I will hopefully get to install it this weekend.

I will let you know how it goes and sounds. If you search edelbrock king ranch on youtube.com they have a sound clip, the clip is kind of poor quality but it seems calm at idle and agressive when you get on the throttle which is what I was looking for.

the only thing, which may be a plus or a minus depending on what you're looking for is that the exhaust stops short of the bumper and turns down, so you can barely see it. I like that but many may not
Old 02-23-2009, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the info on the sound clip for the Gibson, I'll have to check it out. I did notice the turn down exits on the Saleen, and have mixed ideas. I am a chrome tip fan, and I figure I could use about any type that is out there. I would just have to cut off the turn down and install a tip. The price seems really reasonable. I know it is not stainless, but I have had real good luck with Alumicoat exhaust in the past. I did see the Supertruck version Gibson and figured it would be quite loud, that is why I was questioning about the Extreme duals. Looks like the tips exit down and away in the corners behind the tires, and I do prefer that look over straight out the back. Also, the alumicoat versions of the Gibson is about a hundred bucks cheaper than the stainless version. I figured since Uncle Sam visited my bank this week I could go for it, but I don't want to blow all the green too fast.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:08 AM
07 fx4

i have a 40 series flo catback 3" and love it. it gives a bit of power too.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just put a set of magnaflow sido on my 04 screw 5.4 and i love them. they have a nice rumble to them without any noise in the cab. check out performancepeddler.com if you are interested. they will sell them for around $379 when everyone else sells them for around $540!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:15 PM

Thanks for all the info on the exhausts.Sounds like the Flowmaster 40 is the popular one. But I wound up putting a pretty good offer on the Saleen setup on E-Bay,and won! I figure a complete cat back for under $200 is not too bad. Also the sound clip on You Tube does seem to have a low rumble at idle, and a bit of a bark at WOT. Commmmmon Mailman!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gjdavies
Thanks for all the info on the exhausts.Sounds like the Flowmaster 40 is the popular one. But I wound up putting a pretty good offer on the Saleen setup on E-Bay,and won! I figure a complete cat back for under $200 is not too bad. Also the sound clip on You Tube does seem to have a low rumble at idle, and a bit of a bark at WOT. Commmmmon Mailman!!!
what did you end up getting it for? i got mine for $180 +shipping on ebay, couldnt pass it up. just came in today!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Fordiack

get a thrush glasspack for cheap ($20) :p
Old 02-27-2009, 12:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

My exhaust guy was telling me he can't keep magnaflows on the shelf. Everyone with a 97 and newer F150 wants them on their truck. He put one on my 06 and it sounds awesome. I can't wait to get them on the 97. Flowmasters sound to pingy to me.

Quick Reply: Yet Another exhaust question