Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Yes mf, it can happen to you too

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 02:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Yes mf, it can happen to you too

First off, I want to thank everyone on this forum for posting all of your problems. You don't realize how much of a help it is until you start having problems. As for the title of this thread it pertains to me. I'm one of those guys who is meticulous about maintenance, follows the Haynes manual to a T. So as for myself I'm a heavy duty ASE certified technician, this being said (although I knew it not to be true in the back of my mind) I read about all of these common problems and think "oh that'll never happen to me, I take perfect care of my truck" ('08 screw 5.4)...and then...it does. Dies in the middle of the road during morning rush. Fortunately it was literally right in front of the local ford dealer if all other options failed. Found tranny fluid 1/2qt low (just changed previous week) praying that by some fluke it slipped so bad on 1/2qt low the engine stalled just the one time and everything would be okay, obviously not. Ran to father-in-laws shop not two miles down the road, dies again on a 20% grade, again in the middle of the road, this time in a 55mph zone. Thank god it started again, made it up the hill into the shop. CEL now on finally. Pull code for fuel rail pressure. Had it not been for everyone on this forum posting all of their problems I probably would've been SOL and had to wait a week for the stealership to give me a $1k bill and tell me my fuel pump was bad when actually my FPDM was so corroded it almost crumbled in my hand before I even unbolted it, so I want thank fordsilly, kingranch4life, and all others giving solid sound advice everyday for saving my ***. Moral of the story is, corrosion doesn't discriminate
Old 01-22-2014, 03:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sry phones on the fritz too

Quick Reply: Yes mf, it can happen to you too