Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Xlt door in xl

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xlt door in xl

Was recently in a wreck and my driver side front door was dented pretty bad and I found a guy on Craigslist who is parting out his truck whichc happens to be black as well so I won't have to repaint it thank god! But the only problem I have is the fact that his truck was an XLT and mine is an XL, therefore I was wondering if I could somehow buy his door which is in perfect condition and wire it into my truck and be able to use the power lock and window on it, if so how would I wire that?
Old 01-03-2015, 05:46 AM

Xlt door in xl-image-939426388.jpg

This is what it looks like as of now, as you can see the massive dent in the middle of the door!
Old 01-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Cant this thing go faster

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

The door will fit fine as long as it's the right size. As for the wiring it can be done but it takes a lot of work to do. to do it the ford way you would need a BSM added to control the windows and locks but you can use a power options kit and just use the factory switches.
The following users liked this post:
MarcusScott15 (01-05-2015)
Old 01-03-2015, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by technokami
The door will fit fine as long as it's the right size. As for the wiring it can be done but it takes a lot of work to do. to do it the ford way you would need a BSM added to control the windows and locks but you can use a power options kit and just use the factory switches.
what is a bsm? And I was wondering if I could just connect the door to 12v and use it when the truck is off too. But idk how that works
Old 01-03-2015, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by MarcusScott15
what is a bsm? And I was wondering if I could just connect the door to 12v and use it when the truck is off too. But idk how that works
The body security module, on the higher trim levels it controls a lot of the extra functions, in this case the windows and door locks. I have the diagrams needed to add one to the truck if you want to go that route because IIRC you cant just run them off of straight 12v. There is a post on doing a power conversion that may help clear up why if you search for it.
The following users liked this post:
MarcusScott15 (01-05-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 01:00 AM

The body security module, on the higher trim levels it controls a lot of the extra functions, in this case the windows and door locks. I have the diagrams needed to add one to the truck if you want to go that route because IIRC you cant just run them off of straight 12v. There is a post on doing a power conversion that may help clear up why if you search for it.
Could you post that if you don't mind! It would be a big help! And I appreciate you taking your time to help me!
Old 01-06-2015, 04:16 AM

could you send me those diagrams if you aren't too busy? Me and my dad are going to get the door in 2 weekends and I wanna have kind of an idea as to what I'm doing before I get it and am stuck looking at it for days if you know what I mean
Old 01-06-2015, 02:50 PM

Bump
Old 01-07-2015, 09:51 AM

Sorry, was a little hectic here the last couple days. I will post the schematics tonight
Old 01-07-2015, 02:15 PM

Sorry, was a little hectic here the last couple days. I will post the schematics tonight
it's all good man, and alright. I'm going to pickup the door friday

Quick Reply: Xlt door in xl