Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Xcal for 04 different from 05?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 11:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Xcal for 04 different from 05?

Looking at an Xcal 2 with some troyer tunes in it for an 04 F150, but I'm not sure if its gonna work with my 05 FX4. Both have the 5.4, but the guy told me that it may have a different PCM code that could make it useless.

Any of you guys know any facts about the SCT stuff and if this will work? I may try and contact SCT Monday to confirm but I don't wanna wait and lose this deal.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Looking at an Xcal 2 with some troyer tunes in it for an 04 F150, but I'm not sure if its gonna work with my 05 FX4. Both have the 5.4, but the guy told me that it may have a different PCM code that could make it useless.

Any of you guys know any facts about the SCT stuff and if this will work? I may try and contact SCT Monday to confirm but I don't wanna wait and lose this deal.

First off, he needs to return it to stock first. Second, if it has troyer tunes it most certainly will not work for your vehicle. The problem is if he had it custom tuned (as it sounds) the tunes are written for his truck, mods, strategy code, etc. It can usually be unlcoked to a new vehicle for a price, but the tunes would be worthless really since all trucks are different and have different strategies.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah you're better off just buying a new one from Troyer.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I emailed him last night and he told me his truck had nothing but a SIDO muffler and a Volant CAI, both which I will have here shortly as well. But the strategies in the two different PCM's will be different?

He has already flashed his truck back to stock to unlock it before he sold the truck so all is good there, I would love to buy a new one from Troyer but with a new baby I just can't swing the $400 right now
Old 02-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by racin4ds
I emailed him last night and he told me his truck had nothing but a SIDO muffler and a Volant CAI, both which I will have here shortly as well. But the strategies in the two different PCM's will be different?

He has already flashed his truck back to stock to unlock it before he sold the truck so all is good there, I would love to buy a new one from Troyer but with a new baby I just can't swing the $400 right now
What's what is your friends price for his? You need to contact troyer or vmp and ask about the cost for unlocking it. That will tell you the value of getting it.

Quick Reply: Xcal for 04 different from 05?