Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Wrecked my new truck today :(

Old 11-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Ford Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Wrecked my new truck today :(

So today I wrecked my truck that I have only had for two months. However, it reminded me of why I like f150's so much. I was backing out of my driveway and before I even got to the street my truck came to a sudden halt...looked out the rear and saw a car.

Got out and found that my brother in law had whipped in my drive way with his 97 accord. Took the brunt of my f150 to his pass fender. He now has to replace his entire fender an I just need some cleaner wax to fix my truck..

<3 the f150!

This is the second time I have been involved in an accident in a f150 where the other car took extensive damage and all I got was paint transfer/scratches!
Old 11-08-2011, 03:51 PM
GIGGITY

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

My buddy was backing out of a spot right next to me in his old accord. Cut it to sharp, ripped his bumper all the way to the center of the grill, broke his turn signal and left his headlight hanging. I had a scratch that i cant even find anymore.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002VertGt
So today I wrecked my truck that I have only had for two months. However, it reminded me of why I like f150's so much. I was backing out of my driveway and before I even got to the street my truck came to a sudden halt...looked out the rear and saw a car.

Got out and found that my brother in law had whipped in my drive way with his 97 accord. Took the brunt of my f150 to his pass fender. He now has to replace his entire fender an I just need some cleaner wax to fix my truck..

<3 the f150!

This is the second time I have been involved in an accident in a f150 where the other car took extensive damage and all I got was paint transfer/scratches!
nice
Old 11-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I know it's backwards

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

I've been hit twice so far with no damage. Unfortunately one was my daughter that did $1500 damage to her Scion when she back into the back of my truck. The other one was a guy rear ended me. The cops were actually laughing when they looked for damage on my truck and couldn't find anything. The other guys car looked like it hit a wall.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Zax
♫♪ I Hold On ♫♪

Received 77 Likes on 72 Posts

I have a short little story, not much but my only time in my truck. I was at walmart and backing up out of a tight spot (why small cars need a s**t ton of space confuses me) and I was so focused on not hitting the cars next to me that I backed into a Silverado. Same year as my truck, 2008. Hit it square on with my bumper and almost the end of hers and I hit somewhat hard, it jerked my truck. Anyways, I get out to see that my truck has no damage at all, not even a scuff but hers is dented. It did about a 3" dent probably a 1/4" deep. I was so shocked. Needless to say I had to buy her a new bumper but it was worth the laugh at the end of it. Fords rock.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Ford Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zax
I have a short little story, not much but my only time in my truck. I was at walmart and backing up out of a tight spot (why small cars need a s**t ton of space confuses me) and I was so focused on not hitting the cars next to me that I backed into a Silverado. Same year as my truck, 2008. Hit it square on with my bumper and almost the end of hers and I hit somewhat hard, it jerked my truck. Anyways, I get out to see that my truck has no damage at all, not even a scuff but hers is dented. It did about a 3" dent probably a 1/4" deep. I was so shocked. Needless to say I had to buy her a new bumper but it was worth the laugh at the end of it. Fords rock.
X1000
Old 11-08-2011, 07:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I had just left my parent's house and my brother lives 2 houses over. I stopped when I saw him outside and as I put my truck in reverse and let off the gas I looked in the rearview mirror and it was too late, some dumbass was hauling *** down the street as I had left my parents and didn't see him. I smashed into his E150 van and left it pretty mangled up front. I was pissed and it only left a small *** dent on my bumper and pressed it in less than half an inch.

No real damage on my truck though!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Ford Enthusiast

My brothers car where I hit it after we tried to fix the fender so it wouldn't kill his tire
Attached Thumbnails Wrecked my new truck today :(-image-1734363045.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 05:02 PM
58D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's why I love my backup sensors, they've stopped me from hitting countless unseen objects while backing up. The only annoying thing is the curb across the street sets it off whenever I'm backing out of my driveway.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Ford Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 58D
That's why I love my backup sensors, they've stopped me from hitting countless unseen objects while backing up. The only annoying thing is the curb across the street sets it off whenever I'm backing out of my driveway.
I have a fully loaded lariat...IT HAS THEM!! The problem was, when I back out of my driveway I back into my yard because I live on a state highway...I started backing and he pulled in...truck hit before the sensors picked the car up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wrecked my new truck today :(