Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Worn leather - driver seat.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Worn leather - driver seat.

Hey guys, I have an 05 FX4 with black leather. The lower portion of the seat is exhibiting some wear and tear, and I would like to replace it. I see a few companies offering non OEM replacements on ebay claiming its real leather and such. I cant be the only one with this issue now that the 04-08's are ageing.

To anyone that has replaced seat leathers; What did you use? What company did you go with? Does it match perfectly with the OEM leather? I only need to replace the drivers lower leather.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 11-12-2014, 02:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you want it repaired find a good upholstery shop. I was surprised how well they were able to fix the leather seat on my old rig.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a friend in the auto interior repair business and he repaired my 04 Lariat heated seat that had worn so bad at the drivers bolster that it separated. He replaced the worn out section with vinyl. It looks exactly like leather, but wears much better. He actually redyed both front seats and they look brand new. He did this much cheaper than the cost for the ebay leather replacement bottom cover (also, if you look at the youtube video for replacing the bottom cover, it is not a piece of cake. I decided to let a professional deal with it). In my opinion, putting leather on the section you slide in and out of the seat was a bad idea by Ford.

Quick Reply: Worn leather - driver seat.