Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Wish me luck!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 07:58 AM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Wish me luck!

Well starting first thing in the morning I'm jumping in and pulling my transmission to replace a cracked flex plate. I just had my tranny rebuilt due to the notorious overdrive band breaking . While he had it opened up he showed me where my clutches had overheated drastically from driving it with the OD off for so long. I should have replaced the flex plate while I had it down , but stupid me didn't. Now that I know what I'm doing and actually have airtools and a transmission Jack I'm thinking it might take me about 3 hours for the whole job. I'm going to go ahead and replace the torque converter again just to make sure that it's not part of my issue too cause I was told that I could have a broken fin inside the TC as well. It's under warranty so no money out of pocket there... Anyone have any ideas what else I should replace while it's down? After hours of searching the net I was able to determine my flex plate is cracked right where it bolts on to the crank. I've recently started getting a tapping/knocking sound from around the bell housing area along with a metallic chirp sound after the truck warms up. I think this truck has been a horse because I've put her through hell using it as a responder vehicle with the ambulance service. She has 208,000 miles on her and the engine is still running strong!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:04 AM

Received 150 Likes on 117 Posts

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Wish me luck!