Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Wiring for seat swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiring for seat swap

I currently have power driver seat and manual passenger seat in my 2006 fx4 sc. I would like to replace the driver seat with power, heated, memory seat and the passenger seat with a power, heated from a lariat.

I searched and found the seat adjust and heated seat module diagrams. I found a few other threads started pertaining to similar swaps, but none of them seemed to help me. The wiring diagram matches my existing wiring on my power seat. The wiring diagram does not match the new seat from the lariat.

The passenger seat looks the easiest, so that is where I would like to start. Both seats came with a pair of cut off harnesses. Can I untape them and disregard the seatbelt/airbag sensor harness from each seat because I can plug in the existing harness from my truck?

There is no other existing harness for the passenger seat. From what I can deduct, do I hook up the new additional passenger seat harness as follows:
RW wire to constant power (drivers seat harness DG)
BK to ground (driver seat harness BK)

These wires allow power adjust feature to function?

Then the rest are for heated feature?

WH-LB and RD-BK both say climate controlled seats, but what does that mean in terms of hooking them up?

WH-YE , RD , BK all belong to Electronic Automatic Temperature Control, which I do not have, so where should these go?

thanks for your time,
Dave
The following users liked this post:
toddman1973 (03-01-2024)
Old 12-12-2014, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, dave

im adam. any luck getting that interior swapped over and working? i am currently doing the same to my truck and i am too just staring at a bunch of wires and diagrams.

i realized that to get my heated seats to work i would have to get the digital climate control and swap out the dash trim bezel. but i am sure that there are not the proper wires for that or the right connectors to just wasp the climate centers out.

Quick Reply: Wiring for seat swap