Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Wiring Problems on 2007 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Problems on 2007 F-150

Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 F-150 that previously was a Game Warden truck. since I have purchased it, the door ajar feature doesn't work. this would be great, except I have three kids that are scared to get in the truck at night, due to the dome lights not turning on when the doors are open. Also, the accessory ignition feature does not work. Once the truck is killed, the radio immediately turns itself off. At first I thought this was due to the door ajar problem, BUT, after the vehicle is killed, you can open the door, and the windows will still roll down as if the doors were never open, so this makes me think it is a wire going to the radio. it is an aftermarket radio, but I installed it using factory wiring harness adaptors. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance everyone.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 228 Likes on 175 Posts

Take it to a dealer, I am pretty sure all that you speak of can be activiated on their computers. It is a black out feature that can set, for Law Enforcement.
Originally Posted by Fatmanevans
Hi Guys, I have a 2007 F-150 that previously was a Game Warden truck. since I have purchased it, the door ajar feature doesn't work. this would be great, except I have three kids that are scared to get in the truck at night, due to the dome lights not turning on when the doors are open. Also, the accessory ignition feature does not work. Once the truck is killed, the radio immediately turns itself off. At first I thought this was due to the door ajar problem, BUT, after the vehicle is killed, you can open the door, and the windows will still roll down as if the doors were never open, so this makes me think it is a wire going to the radio. it is an aftermarket radio, but I installed it using factory wiring harness adaptors. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance everyone.
That

Last edited by 95stepside; 05-22-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Wiring Problems on 2007 F-150