Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Wiring Harness??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Wiring Harness??

Ok ..so lately when I remotely start my truck it seems to make my instrument panel go nuts..it flashes all instruments guages, my speedometer and tach jump around and my trip sensor resets itself to Zero?...lol...I shut the truck off and just start it with the key and it returns to normal...(not the trip sensor..it stays at Zero till i start driving) Has anybody else had these issues? Was it the harness/grounding/battery/altenator? Truck runs fine...purrs like a kitten, just this wiring issue...238,000 KM. This only happens if the truck has been sitting for 8 hrs or so...if I'm running around town with lots of stops it starts up no problem with no issues...this is..first thing in the morning...but more prominently when i get in it after work especially on a hot day??? to be clear..it doesnt do it all the time... lets say 3-4 times a week..but seems to be getting worse. always resets itsself
Old 10-18-2014, 04:51 PM

Received 51 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuff Truck
Ok ..so lately when I remotely start my truck it seems to make my instrument panel go nuts..it flashes all instruments guages, my speedometer and tach jump around and my trip sensor resets itself to Zero?...lol...I shut the truck off and just start it with the key and it returns to normal...(not the trip sensor..it stays at Zero till i start driving) Has anybody else had these issues? Was it the harness/grounding/battery/altenator? Truck runs fine...purrs like a kitten, just this wiring issue...238,000 KM. This only happens if the truck has been sitting for 8 hrs or so...if I'm running around town with lots of stops it starts up no problem with no issues...this is..first thing in the morning...but more prominently when i get in it after work especially on a hot day??? to be clear..it doesnt do it all the time... lets say 3-4 times a week..but seems to be getting worse. always resets itsself
stranger things have been caused by a battery going out. I wonder if it would be that simple.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Smile been there done that...lol

Yea ..that was the first thing i actually did..wether it needed it or not..i threw a new battery into it..peace of mind kind of stuff...new altenator last fall......I did have problems with the altenator tho...had to change it out 3 times before i got one that actually worked.....

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness??