Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Wiring Diagram for 2006 5.4L Fuel System

Old 11-17-2011, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Diagram for 2006 5.4L Fuel System

Need help finding a wiring diagram. Have had a long running problem with the fuel gauge. First it would not work in cold weather, then it would not work when roads were wet, and now it won't work at all after being both cold and wet. Registers below the E mark when system is energized.

I believe I've traced the problem to the connector located under the driver's door. I've had other problems at this location. And based on other posts I've seen, this is the most likely point of problem for this issue as well. But I don't know which wire, or wires, to loop around the connector.

If anyone has a wiring diagram specific to this year and model for the fuel or instrument cluster, it would be greatly appreciated if you can post a copy for me to reference.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

It's a pain (and somewhat illegal) to post copies of Ford factory wiring or service manual information straight from a factory manual. We would have to delete it if it's placed here to protect this forum. If someone is willing to "describe" the color codes of the wires you need, that's perfectly fine.

You can buy used factory manuals (including wiring manuals) off of Ebay. Just head over to Ebay motors, search on "factory manuals" with Ford F150 2006 in the search line as well. You should find them.
The following users liked this post:
Unlimited HP (07-28-2019)
Old 11-17-2011, 06:29 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default The best thing you can do

Get yourself a subscription to All Data DIY. It is an online manual for each specific year. It has all of the tech bullitines, wiring diagrams, etc, etc. I have one for My 1995 F150 it has saved me a lot of money. what I like about it is it doesn't have anything you don't need. What is the point in having a manual that shows you how to overhaul an engine. How many of you are going to make use of such instructions, not me. I can overhaul an engine and I know reading up on how to assemble and engine without prior experience is a recipe for an engine that will not run, if you are lucky..

http://www.alldatadiy.com/
Old 11-22-2011, 05:06 AM

sometimes if you google under images it will give you great diagrams..... and sometimes not..lol
Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Originally Posted by transmaster
Get yourself a subscription to All Data DIY. It is an online manual for each specific year. It has all of the tech bullitines, wiring diagrams, etc, etc. I have one for My 1995 F150 it has saved me a lot of money. what I like about it is it doesn't have anything you don't need. What is the point in having a manual that shows you how to overhaul an engine. How many of you are going to make use of such instructions, not me. I can overhaul an engine and I know reading up on how to assemble and engine without prior experience is a recipe for an engine that will not run, if you are lucky..

http://www.alldatadiy.com/
This is why Ford sells their factory shop manuals in 3 (or more volumes). Volume 1 is body, volume 2 is engine, and volume 3 is the wiring. You can buy what you need. I spent a total of $60.00 for all three! I've seen the wiring volume for under $15.00 used on Ebay. A deal.

As to engine rebuilding, I still buy all three, as they contain the specs for correct torquing, specs for accepted wear, etc. Something I do not memorize. I guess I'm just too old for that.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:03 PM

Default Thanks!

Special thanks to DSSBOB for the answer to this question. For others, the two wires in question are marked YE-WH (+) and BK-OG (-).

Haven't had a chance to do the re-wire yet, but will let you know if it solves the problem.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Originally Posted by bigtrout
Special thanks to DSSBOB for the answer to this question. For others, the two wires in question are marked YE-WH (+) and BK-OG (-).

Haven't had a chance to do the re-wire yet, but will let you know if it solves the problem.
This is great...if another member choses to send you the diagram "off line", then this site is not breaking any rules/laws for publishing copyrighted material. Glad it worked out for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring Diagram for 2006 5.4L Fuel System