Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Which wire is this?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which wire is this?!?!?!?!?

I have an 05 scab. Some information is just a bit hard to come by so far. I don't have an owners manuals since I am sure someone will tell me to check it. I changed the the factory head unit this weekend. Kick *** in dash dvd. But there where some extra wires that have me confused. The long flat plug from the back of the factory unit was adapted and power the head unit and speakers fine. There was also a smaller squarish plug that currently isn't connected to anything. I have a third small square plug that I figured was the factory sub wiring.

Someone help me out and explain what each plug is for. My biggest concern is my remote start quit working as well. It was an aftermarket system on the truck before I bought it, but I love it too much to live with out it.

And one side note. How do you remove the rear door panels on the Scab? I followed the directions I found for a Screw but it's not totally applicable. I can't get the lower panel around the real door handle. Not the one with the window control.

Thanks for the help guys and any female that chooses to help.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

take a picture....it will help alot
Old 03-03-2008, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by blackbetty
take a picture....it will help alot
I'll pull everything tomorrow and take a couple of pics
Old 03-04-2008, 07:47 AM
PM me to run your VIN

I looked at the wiring diagrams and think that one is for the parking aid and the other is for the engine controls for the speed volume change capability.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:24 PM

The square plug is for the factory subwoofer should be right next to the antenna(passenger side). I think roylpita is right i found that the long skinny plug closiest to the steering wheel is the critical parts for the audio and power to the head unit. Making the middle plug the speed volume or things like that. Im 99% positive becuase it been a while since i've messed around with things back there!

Quick Reply: Which wire is this?!?!?!?!?