Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Window Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Window Problems

So I have the 530t window module that ties into my viper alarm that enables me to roll up and down my window via my alarm remote. Well yesterday something happened and my front windows wont roll down or up from the driver side. I took everything apart yesterday and managed to jump my driverside window to get it up. I just left the module in line. Well now today I started looking at it more and went to bestbuy and they said my module is probably crapped out since it is getting power, ground. Also if I use a circuit tester and push the down/up buttons I get power in the wires leaving the switch. But once it goes through the alarm box it doesnt come out the other side. They said just to run a jumper connecting the wires that you had to cut to install the window modulator back together again. Well the up part worked fine. When I went to do the down part it didnt work. And then the up part didnt work as well. Now my passenger side window wont roll down from the passenger side either. I can hear it trying to go up, but when I try to roll it down nothing happens. What the hell did I do?

Both switches are sending power out when I click them down. The back windows work fine. The passenger window used to work yesterday when controlled from the passenger side, but now it doesnt work at all either. The fuse on the window module is good.

Quick Reply: Window Problems