Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wind noise

2005 5.4 lariett. For the past month and half, I have been experiencing severe wind noise at speeds over 30 mph. Sounds like it's coming from around the
windshield, but I don't see any obvious problems. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this. It's driving me crazy because I can't figure it out. All Windows are definitely all the way up and all doors are closed all the way. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:06 AM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

Ahhhh, yeah I have the same problem. I can actually FEEL it when I'm on the highway at certain spots on the windshield. For me, the windshield was replaced and they didn't actually glue it enough all around. I'm not impressed but it's too late... and mine also cracked in a spot due to not enough support. They say the windshield is an important part of your vehicle for structural integrity (could be a sales job haha), but they also state it's important who does the re-install. If your windshield is newer, I'd take it into the shop. If you have no cracks, I'd still take it in and see what they can do.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:19 AM

Windshield is factory, never been replaced, when I first got the truck last august, no wind noise, very quiet ride, then this winter started getting noise, do you think applying clear caulk around the edges would help any?
Old 03-15-2014, 01:10 PM
Tyler K.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be the rubber around your windshield. If you live in a wet/snowy place it could start to get moisture in there and if it freezes it will start to push up on the rubber seal.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could still be the windshield even if its factory. I have seen failure in the primer or urethane even on factory installs. Also the windshield is a critical part for structure and safety. If your air bags go off and your windshield is not glued in right the air bag can actually blow it out and the air bag will not be directed at the passenger the way it should be.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:47 PM

I dont believe any air is leaking thru the seal around windshield, no water leaks. Just sounds like that where the wind noise in coming from. It's something that I might expect if I had installed a bug guard, this has happened with past vehicles. It seems like the air flow has been changed for some reason and now is louder than before. i have not done any exterior changes to trucks profile.

Quick Reply: wind noise