Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Wife purchased me new STUFF for my 07 King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Gunner Retz

Received 103 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Wife purchased me new STUFF for my 07 King Ranch

My wife asked me yesterday to find a Westin Bull Bar . "Do you think anyone will have it in stock?" she says, "we could go pick it up and you could put it on this afternoon." As luck would have it no one in Corpus Christi had it in stock. She ordered me the Ultimate Bull Bar with a license relocating bracket (we live in TX) and PIAA 40 round driving lights. They ship tomorrow! I will post pics when my son and I do the install. I know that the bull bar will be pretty straight forward, but wiring the lights and finding the right spot for the switch will take some time too.

This is not my truck, but this is the bar and light set up. Mine will also have the license plate between the lights.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:41 PM
This picture scares you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like your wife... Very nice...
Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now thats a great wife!!

I asked my girl to buy me truck stuff for my birthday, but she decided it would be more fun to shop for "funny" fishing gear...oh well maybe one day she will learn
Old 02-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Gunner Retz

Default All installed and up & running

I received all of my stuff & installed it in what had to be the coldest weekend that we have had in FOREVER! If was in the 30s with a high wind blowing. Mrs. Gunner gave me a hand when I had to lift the bull bar into place and start the bolts for the install. All in all, it was very easy to install. The lights on the other hand were a pain in the *****, but not because of the quality or components. My hands were so cold that I had a hard time manuevering them into the small places required to run the electrical wiring correctly.

The Westin Ultimate bull bar is top quality. The PIAA wiring harness is 1st rate with an included relay which plugs together with the remainder of the harness. The only connection required of the electrical system is to find a hot wire for the switch which glues to the interior somewhere with double sided automotive tape. I placed the switch just to the left of the 4x4 switch because it looked good to me and also because it ran the wires that go through the firewall straight out and doesn't interfere with the steering column at all. I covered all of the exposed wires under the hood with 3/8" wire loom to clean it up somewhat (not that clean is my most critical issue, just look at the amount of dust and dirt under my hood).

I wired the light switch to the parking lights for the trigger, all this does is power the switch, all of the lighting power comes directly from the battery as it is wired directly to the batteries positive and negative posts.

Westin Ultimate bull bar with PIAA 40 series lights

Side view for clearance reference

Power and ground directly wired to the battery

Everything put into wire loom to try and clean it up some, not that this engine compatrment doesn't need a good cleaning. LOL!

The switch is wired into the parking lights so that the PIAA lights can't be turned on unless the truck's lights are on. The switch is out if not powered, green if there is power available, and red if the lights are powered on. All that the switch does is act as a trigger for the relay that is hard wired into the light harness, this is a very good light set with a very nice harness. The only connect that doesn't just click together is the power for the switch. Expensive, but oh so worth it.

Last edited by gmcretz; 02-07-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the pictures.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmcretz
I received all of my stuff & installed it in what had to be the coldest weekend that we have had in FOREVER! If was in the 30s with a high wind blowing. Mrs. Gunner gave me a hand when I had to lift the bull bar into place and start the bolts for the install. All in all, it was very easy to install. The lights on the other hand were a pain in the *****, but not because of the quality or components. My hands were so cold that I had a hard time manuevering them into the small places required to run the electrical wiring correctly.

The Westin Ultimate bull bar is top quality. The PIAA wiring harness is 1st rate with an included relay which plugs together with the remainder of the harness. The only connection required of the electrical system is to find a hot wire for the switch which glues to the interior somewhere with double sided automotive tape. I placed the switch just to the left of the 4x4 switch because it looked good to me and also because it ran the wires that go through the firewall straight out and doesn't interfere with the steering column at all. I covered all of the exposed wires under the hood with 3/8" wire loom to clean it up somewhat (not that clean is my most critical issue, just look at the amount of dust and dirt under my hood).

I wired the light switch to the parking lights for the trigger, all this does is power the switch, all of the lighting power comes directly from the battery as it is wired directly to the batteries positive and negative posts.

Westin Ultimate bull bar with PIAA 40 series lights

Side view for clearance reference

Power and ground directly wired to the battery

Everything put into wire loom to try and clean it up some, not that this engine compatrment doesn't need a good cleaning. LOL!

The switch is wired into the parking lights so that the PIAA lights can't be turned on unless the truck's lights are on. The switch is out if not powered, green if there is power available, and red if the lights are powered on. All that the switch does is act as a trigger for the relay that is hard wired into the light harness, this is a very good light set with a very nice harness. The only connect that doesn't just click together is the power for the switch. Expensive, but oh so worth it.
whats that red switch above the ash tray
Old 02-07-2010, 03:08 PM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does your wife have any sisters. maybe her mom is single.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:02 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by (buleovallover)
whats that red switch above the ash tray
eject switch... ahha... its a cigarette lighter i assume
Old 02-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Gunner Retz

That "red switch" is an EJECT button! Nothing more than a chromed plug to put into the cigarette lighter socket, it is made by MGW ltd. It cost $23 and can be found here:
http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang2005_po...let_plug.shtml

Quick Reply: Wife purchased me new STUFF for my 07 King Ranch