Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Who makes this roll bar?

Old 01-07-2008, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who makes this roll bar?

OK first post here. I've seen roll bars like this on a couple trucks, mostly super duty's, but can't seem to find one. I'd really like to have a roll bar without the kickers in the middle of the bed.

http://images.truckinweb.com/feature..._rear_view.jpg
Old 01-07-2008, 03:20 PM

Damn, I likey. I haven't seen a rollbar in years. I had no idea anyone was still making them.

Oh, and Howdy.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome TM8!
The rollbar in your pic looks to be purely decorative.
With the supports mounting to the bedrails, it surely
can't hold any weight. Don't know who makes it, I
have never seen one quite like it before.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:29 PM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Nice truck u have there how wide are those tires? and what width rims are u running?

Im not sure about the light bar u posted (as we all know, roll bars are connected to the frame for structural stability, what most people refer to as roll bars are mainly only decorative light bars) but I like this one and may be more along what u are looking for
http://www.gorhino.com/thunder-bar/thunder-bar.html

Last edited by Buck; 01-07-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:30 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Originally Posted by Buck
Nice truck u have there how wide are those tires? and what width rims are u running?

Im not sure about the light bar u posted (as we all know, roll bars are conencted to the frame for structural stability, what most people refer to as roll bars are mainly only decorative light bars) but I like this one and may be more along what u are looking for
http://www.gorhino.com/thunder-bar/thunder-bar.html
No offense Buck, but I like the one he posted better. I like the look of that thick tube rollbar effect better than those skinny ones.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by dewman
No offense Buck, but I like the one he posted better. I like the look of that thick tube rollbar effect better than those skinny ones.
To each his own. I am just not a big fan of all the un-necessary tubing along the bed....too over the top for me.
I agree that thicker tubing looks better but Im just not a fan of the design of that one. But hey thats what I love about modding trucks, you can make it your own. No one else has to like it, as long as you do...

Last edited by Buck; 01-07-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the go rhino bar, and it is awesome, it is very sturdy (its definatally a light bar, not even close to a roll bar) and they have awesome customer service!

I love it for night driving, and it is 10 times better than having bumper mounted fog lights.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:36 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Originally Posted by Ty
I have the go rhino bar, and it is awesome, it is very sturdy (its definatally a light bar, not even close to a roll bar) and they have awesome customer service!

I love it for night driving, and it is 10 times better than having bumper mounted fog lights.
It may be better than having bumper mounted fog lights but, around here in Maryland, you cannot use lightbar lights for anything but off-roading. Highway use is prohibited.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:11 PM

I totally agree with dewman, the thicker bar is what I want and realize it's completely cosmetic, but hey it looks good and holds a couple lights . Does anyone know where I can get one made and how much it would cost?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:15 PM

My tires are 35x13 and the wheels are 20x10. It was tough to find a 20" wheel with 5" backspacing, but I like these ones. No rubbing under normal driving, but if the front suspension is compressed while i'm turning I do get some.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who makes this roll bar?