Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

wheel and tire size

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel and tire size

Hey guys i am new to this forum and had a question about the wheel and tire size on my truck. Oh by the way my truck is an 08 F150 Lariat super cab. I want to lift it using the truxx lift kit (here is a link)...

http://mudflaps.com/i-6726024-truxxx...-lift-kit.html

i dont know much about cars, thats why i dont touch them and the reason i am on here asking you guys. lol So if i get this kit what size wheels and tires would you all recomend? im not looking for the biggest tire that it will fit just what will look best. right now the wheels i have are 20s that came on my truck, not sure what width they are though. i dont do any off roading but i just want my truck to look a little bigger and more agressive than stock. i have been told that Nitto terra grapplers are good tires that will give an agressive look and last a long time. if it is at all possible i would like to keep the wheels that are on my truck because i kind of like them but if thats not an opption then thats ok also!

thanks guys,
Jeff
Old 10-24-2011, 04:49 PM

oh and if anyone has used this kit or a different one that works good it would be great if you could tell me a little bit about it!!

thanks
Old 10-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Ryan

Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

Never dealt with that brand, but it seems like a good deal. If you want to run your stock 20's, you can probably run a 35" tire with no issues. If you start looking at aftermarket wheels with different offsets and backspacing you may wanna stick with a 33" tall tire to avoid rubbing. A lot of guys run 305/55R20s on 20 inch wheels and they look pretty sharp.

As for tires..BFG All-Terrain KO's or Coopers are what I'd recommend

A lot of guys run Nitto's but my dad had them on an '04 Ram 1500 and they looked nice but the wear was mediocre..if you want a tried and true tire that looks good and lasts a long time and handles well in all conditions, definitely BFG's..Cooper makes a good tire that has a lot of bang for your buck, plus they're both made in the good ol' USA!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:19 AM

thanks for the response. I have actuallty changed my mind on the spacer and am now thinking of going with the Rancho 4" lift. i still would like to keep my stock wheel which i found out is 20x8.5 and i have been told that the nitto terra grapplers are good tires so that is what i have been looking at. my question now is will this tire fit on my stock wheel?
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/LT3..._pn=NIT200-320 it says that they are 35.2" in diameter. but im more concerned with the width. and will if that rub anything?

thanks guys

Quick Reply: wheel and tire size