Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Wheel and Tire Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wheel and Tire Clearance

I know their are a lot of threads already on this subject, but I am yet to come across a straight answer. Here is the details on my truck and then ill get to the three quick questions.

2004 Lariat F150 Supercrew 4x4
stock 18s
stock 275/65/18 wheels
currently no lift
1. I am in the process of ordering a 2.5in leveling kit(more then likely the daystar). Is this the right choice or is there a better brand or product out there?
2. I would like to replace the wheels and tires as well. Once again I find my self constantly going back to the XD Rockstars. Any feed back on these rims or better ones? How much play does the offset have in this as well? does a more aggressive offset give a better performance or clearance etc?http://www.summitracing.com/parts/km...7300/overview/
3. I'm having trouble finding a tire for a decent price. I want to be around the 33in/305 range, but I can not find any with a 65 aspect ratio. Would it be safe to get a 33in or close to with a 60 aspect ratio or would that be to wide. I refuse to shave anything, so I want to get it right the first time.

Sorry for the stupid, rookie questions, I just want to do it right. I've seen posts that say you can fit a 35in tire. As you see though I don't want to be altering any fenders or tires. Rubbing is not an option. Thanks ahead of time for anyone that has the time to sit down and right a response, I really appreciate it.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered the Pro Comp 2.5" level and it works perfectly fine for me. As far as brand goes, Im not sure it really matters. I can't think of any "bad quality" leveling kits out there.
As far as wheels go, offset is all about how much of an aggressive look you want. I can't imagine any benefits or drawbacks of having the tires stick out past the fender. All about how you want the truck to look. I have 20x9 XD795 with 18 offset and they stick out of the fenders about 1.5". Perfect for my taste.
And as far as tires go. Nitto is a good quality brand, especially for the prices they offer. You can't really go wrong with anything that has Nitto stamped on it. They have the all terrain tire (Terra Grappler) that Ive had before and performed great for what I ised it for. They have the mud terrain tires (Trail Grappler and Mud Grappler) and both are fairly good tires I hear, never had them. But depending on what size wheels you want, a 33x12.50x18 or a 33x12.50x20 would be good routes to take. A 305 55 R20 tire comes out to be about 33.2" in diameter. So that would be the way I would go if I were wanting a 33" tire. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Wheel and Tire Clearance