Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Wheel spacers...?

Old 02-06-2015, 05:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wheel spacers...?

So I've heard food and bad things about wheels spacers. My buddy has some 1.5" on his Chevy and they've been great for him for several years now, no problems. My question is are they worth it for the more aggressive stance? My wheels are 0mm and I got too good of a deal on them to pass up and get some with -12mm offset. So I'm just looking for something to give me a little more stance and wondering if they're worth it. What brands are good, and what prices? I know you get what you pay for but I don't want to overkill. I don't off road or anything like that. Just going for looks.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:36 PM

Received 51 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Soldier5047
So I've heard food and bad things about wheels spacers. My buddy has some 1.5" on his Chevy and they've been great for him for several years now, no problems. My question is are they worth it for the more aggressive stance? My wheels are 0mm and I got too good of a deal on them to pass up and get some with -12mm offset. So I'm just looking for something to give me a little more stance and wondering if they're worth it. What brands are good, and what prices? I know you get what you pay for but I don't want to overkill. I don't off road or anything like that. Just going for looks. Any advice appreciated, thanks!
Bora. Hub centric.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny_tucson
Bora. Hub centric.
Definitely hub centric or theres a good possibility you will get a steering wheel shimmy. Our trucks are preety sensitive.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:44 AM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

At zero offset you're already sticking out a little and have good clearances. I wouldn't go any further.The further you set the wheels out the more stress you put on the ball joints, wheel bearings etc. and I have seen- as in personally seen and picked up with my tow truck- way too many wheel departures on vehicles equipped with wheel spacers. My $.02
Old 02-07-2015, 02:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll definitely do my research before making a decision!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you're gonna go with wheel spacers, go with hub centric like a few other guys said above. Plus get use to checking your lug nuts frequently. Your best option is to get wheels with more negative of an offset.....
Old 02-10-2015, 10:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have ran 1.5" spacers on my truck for about 10,000 miles with no problem so far. I used loctite on the threads holding the spacer on my hub. I also had to grind down my lug studs a few millimeters so they wouldn't rub on the back of my wheel.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel spacers...?