Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

What's the best muffler swap?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 11:12 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default What's the best muffler swap?

Hey guys so I have myself a 2007 Harley Davidson Edition F150.
It already has a beefier sounding stock exhaust than a normal F150 of the same year.
I'm just curious what the best muffler swap I could do would be, or just keep the entire system stock.
I would just swap out the entire system but I kinda dig how it looks.
Thoughts?
Old 01-12-2015, 06:40 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

It all depends what sound your looking for...like you said ...you have a decent exhaust now...
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

What techrep said. What do you want in the way of the exhaust? In the overall future performance changes of the truck?

Are you planing any other performance changes that may require a certain exhaust to add/compliment the performance you may want? As an example, some have gone the route of a turbo, so that changes the stock exhaust requirements.

If it's just sound, you already have that. If you want louder, then consider your local laws and more importantly, your neighbors when you choose.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bucko
What techrep said. What do you want in the way of the exhaust? In the overall future performance changes of the truck?

Are you planing any other performance changes that may require a certain exhaust to add/compliment the performance you may want? As an example, some have gone the route of a turbo, so that changes the stock exhaust requirements.

If it's just sound, you already have that. If you want louder, then consider your local laws and more importantly, your neighbors when you choose.
Looking for more or less a more aggressive/louder growl. Neighbours arent too much of a concern as you could hear my old truck from 2 blocks away. I'm not sure of any future performance upgrades in the future so as of now it's just for sound.
Not sure if a muffler swap would give me that or not though
Old 01-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Depending on the muffler chosen, yes, it can provide a louder sound.

Best way to locate the sound you are looking for is to find a muffler shop that will remove your stock muffler, then slip on a few mufflers one at a time, and start the engine and blip the throttle. This way, you can hear it, and decide what you like. Then they weld it all up.

I have a "mom and pop" shop close to me that I've been using for years that does this.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bucko
Depending on the muffler chosen, yes, it can provide a louder sound.

Best way to locate the sound you are looking for is to find a muffler shop that will remove your stock muffler, then slip on a few mufflers one at a time, and start the engine and blip the throttle. This way, you can hear it, and decide what you like. Then they weld it all up.

I have a "mom and pop" shop close to me that I've been using for years that does this.
Alright thank you I'll see if I can find a shop that'll do that for me! Do they charge to do that?

Quick Reply: What's the best muffler swap?