Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

What you think of my truck now?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Running Them Down

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default What you think of my truck now?

Got new wheels on it and haven't had time to post it up with the everything I have done..

20" XD Hoss Black Wheels
Nitto Terra Grapplers
3" Hellbent Steel Leveling lift
15% tint (front windows)
5% tint (back windows)
Custom painted headlights
"Custom cracked windshield" lol
Removed vent visors
Ford installed remote start
Attached Thumbnails What you think of my truck now?-truck-1.jpg   What you think of my truck now?-truck-2.jpg   What you think of my truck now?-truck-3.jpg   What you think of my truck now?-truck-4.jpg   What you think of my truck now?-truck-5.jpg  

Last edited by Ford_FX4; 07-20-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the looks of a factory trucks but nevertheless it looks clean
Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks SWEET...but if you want the blackout look, I'd lose those running boards. Nice truck though
Old 07-21-2011, 12:31 AM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

What size are the tires? They look kinda small to me, but maybe thats because they're lower profile than usual. Other than that looks great! I'm a big fan of the blacked out look so I'd say loose the running boards or coat them in bed liner and black the tail lights out and you'll have one sweet ride
Old 07-21-2011, 01:55 AM

did you seperate your stock headlights or are they aftermarket? If they are stock how easy was it to pull the lenses seperate? What did you use to prep the headlights?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Running Them Down

Originally Posted by 05 4x4 Triton
I like the looks of a factory trucks but nevertheless it looks clean
Thanks man. Yea my Fiancee really liked the stock 20s but I just wanted to get newer rims I would like my 35" tires on when I finally get them.

Originally Posted by scruto459
Looks SWEET...but if you want the blackout look, I'd lose those running boards. Nice truck though
I said the same thing! lol .. I was thinking about taking it to Decker Line-X and have them coat it black.

Originally Posted by zmadams
What size are the tires? They look kinda small to me, but maybe thats because they're lower profile than usual. Other than that looks great! I'm a big fan of the blacked out look so I'd say loose the running boards or coat them in bed liner and black the tail lights out and you'll have one sweet ride
Yea they sit a little lower than the stock wheels. There smaller height wise but not by much. It looks weird because of the leveling lift. I plan on getting 35" tires soon enough and only paid $600 for these wheels and tires. So I think it was a good deal. Lol

Originally Posted by hezzy602
did you seperate your stock headlights or are they aftermarket? If they are stock how easy was it to pull the lenses seperate? What did you use to prep the headlights?
Yea I seperated my stock headlights. Its fairly simple just takes "A lot" of time. You have to sit them in the oven under 250 degrees for about 4 minutes or less and let the plastic and sealant get nice and hot and makes it easy to seperate when prying the lense from back plastic. There is a couple screws you have to remove before putting it in the oven. And a couple inside the assy when getting to the part to paint. We just went to autozone. Bought the following:

(2) cans of plastic primer
(2) cans of gloss plastic paint
(1) tube of clear silicone sealant (for when the job is done and all back together, have to make sure it all gets sealed so you don't have water in there)

We sprayed the pieces 4 times evenly as you see in one of the pics with the primer and than hit 3 coats with the gloss and came out looking good I think. Cost $25 to make headlights look a $500 set of harley headlights.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:17 AM
2015 F-150 King Ranch 4x4

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

I may not like the look of the vent visors, but they sure are handy.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ford_FX4
Yea I seperated my stock headlights. Its fairly simple just takes "A lot" of time. You have to sit them in the oven under 250 degrees for about 4 minutes or less and let the plastic and sealant get nice and hot and makes it easy to seperate when prying the lense from back plastic. There is a couple screws you have to remove before putting it in the oven. And a couple inside the assy when getting to the part to paint. We just went to autozone. Bought the following:

(2) cans of plastic primer
(2) cans of gloss plastic paint
(1) tube of clear silicone sealant (for when the job is done and all back together, have to make sure it all gets sealed so you don't have water in there)

We sprayed the pieces 4 times evenly as you see in one of the pics with the primer and than hit 3 coats with the gloss and came out looking good I think. Cost $25 to make headlights look a $500 set of harley headlights.
THANKS, I know what I am doing this weekend!!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Truck looks clean sir. The tires do look a little on the small side but its not that bad. Only thing i'd suggest is maybe tinting your tail lights because the red lenses really stick out now that everything else is black lol

Oh and on a side note, you looking to sell your factory 20's by any chance???
Old 07-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Running Them Down

Yea I know a company around here that will smoke the tails and tbl for $75 .. as dark as I want and as custom as I want.. Plus its done right.. light sanded, tinted and cleared.

Unfortuanetly you just missed them. I sold them Tuesday afternoon..

Quick Reply: What you think of my truck now?