Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

What would look good on my truck???

Old 01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Hill country truck.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would look good on my truck???

I will have a good chunk of change shortly and want to know what y'all think will look good on my truck. I'm thinking of some nitto mud grapplers with xd monsters or the rockstars(black) or bf goodrich km2 with the rockstars or monsters(black). Havnt decided if I want to do a leveling kit in the front or go with a six inch lift. Open to all suggestions!!!!
Attached Thumbnails What would look good on my truck???-image-3579514114.jpg   What would look good on my truck???-image-1252200198.jpg  
Old 01-03-2011, 08:05 PM

When I was where you are , I asked the same question. I started my defining the intent , the purpose. would it be a commuter or do I drive only on weekends. do I work with it or is it just to play. Do I go off road or do I stay in the pavement. Do I care how much I spent on gas or ??? and on and on.

Find the purpose and work toward it in building what would eventually meet that goal. It should look good. , But even that is only on the eyes of the beholder.... Trucks look good when the looks meet the performance. Good luck
Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 PM

with gas supose to hit $5 a gallon with in the next year (if you belive the speculations) I would just do 18" rockstars with 33" nitto trail grapplers, leveling kit, exhaust, and programer depending on how much money you will be comin into. That right there is about $2500-$3500. If you want to do a lift it would look good but that price would double. Either way it would look good but with just a leveling kit and 33s and all I feel it would look sick and be a lot more praciticle.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:20 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

I don't want to tell u not to get the wheels u want, but if u don't want your truck to look similar to anyone else's, you picked the most common aftermarket wheels. They are nice wheels don't get me wrong just my 2 cents. And for $500 u can get a 3" suspension lift from skyjacker if u want a little more height. Not sure how much more expensive that is than a spacer but I thought it was a great price. Just something to consider
Old 01-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Hill country truck.

Originally Posted by chaparon
When I was where you are , I asked the same question. I started my defining the intent , the purpose. would it be a commuter or do I drive only on weekends. do I work with it or is it just to play. Do I go off road or do I stay in the pavement. Do I care how much I spent on gas or ??? and on and on.

Find the purpose and work toward it in building what would eventually meet that goal. It should look good. , But even that is only on the eyes of the beholder.... Trucks look good when the looks meet the performance. Good luck
I agree
Old 01-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Hill country truck.

Originally Posted by muddymallard
with gas supose to hit $5 a gallon with in the next year (if you belive the speculations) I would just do 18" rockstars with 33" nitto trail grapplers, leveling kit, exhaust, and programer depending on how much money you will be comin into. That right there is about $2500-$3500. If you want to do a lift it would look good but that price would double. Either way it would look good but with just a leveling kit and 33s and all I feel it would look sick and be a lot more praciticle.
I do believe the speculations because I have seen it happen when I had my 3/4 ton dodge cummins. It will deff help me make my decision.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Hill country truck.

Originally Posted by BassAckwards
I don't want to tell u not to get the wheels u want, but if u don't want your truck to look similar to anyone else's, you picked the most common aftermarket wheels. They are nice wheels don't get me wrong just my 2 cents. And for $500 u can get a 3" suspension lift from skyjacker if u want a little more height. Not sure how much more expensive that is than a spacer but I thought it was a great price. Just something to consider
I'm going to look into that Skyjacker suspension lift right now, it would deff be cheaper than a six inch
Old 01-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by 04lariattexas

I'm going to look into that Skyjacker suspension lift right now, it would deff be cheaper than a six inch
AutoAnything.com has it but I got it w/ the nitro shocks instead of hydro from 4wheelparts.com for about the same price as AutoAnything.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by 04lariattexas
I do believe the speculations because I have seen it happen when I had my 3/4 ton dodge cummins. It will deff help me make my decision.
yeah im startin to see $4-5 a gallon a possibility again, gas has already gone up like 65 cents in the past 3 months where i live. I do belive a 6 inch lift would look sick but then you would have to regear it an tires would be more and gas would be more. that 6 inch lift and 37s are gonna look great but not as good as when your spending $120-160 dollars a week in gas and like i was gas was arround $4 a gallon and your just lettin it sit in the drive way. If long term money is not an issue than go for the 6 inch lift. and if you were to just do the levelin kit right now nothing is stoppin you from doin a bigger lift in a year or so when that first set of tires wear down
Old 01-03-2011, 11:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by muddymallard
I wouldn't do rockstars too many people have them and around where I'm from most people who have them are d bags haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What would look good on my truck???