Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

what part is this

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what part is this

Hello all, I am new to this site and looking for some answers, hopefully. I have a 2007 F150 4.6.l xl 2wd. I am about to replace the intake manifold, EGR, the tube line, etc. The 1 part im having trouble identifying is on the passenger side of the throttle body housing that is mounted with 3 lines coming out of it (the rusted part that has the screws in it), I do know 1 tube is the PCV line that comes straight out the side. I hope someone can help me out. Thank you in advance.

Jason

Last edited by Italian830; 05-12-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

More than most likely it's the heater hose connector.I would put money on it.
Had an old 92 gmc sierra thta looked similiar to this one.It sat way in the very back on top of the block.It was so rusted it broke completely off,flush with the block and it was an inch thick! Took a special tap and die tool to re-thread the inside of the block clearing out the old pot metal from the broken connector.Added a new connector,good as new!

My advice: spray BP blaster on it over night,let it sit.Tomorrow SLOWLY take it off to refrain from breaking/snapping off with a adjustable wrench IF it is indeed the heater hose connector.Where does the other end connect to? if it connects under neath the hood area to the heater blower a/c section,more than likely it is the heater hose connector.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dripper
More than most likely it's the heater hose connector.I would put money on it.
Had an old 92 gmc sierra thta looked similiar to this one.It sat way in the very back on top of the block.It was so rusted it broke completely off,flush with the block and it was an inch thick! Took a special tap and die tool to re-thread the inside of the block clearing out the old pot metal from the broken connector.Added a new connector,good as new!

My advice: spray BP blaster on it over night,let it sit.Tomorrow SLOWLY take it off to refrain from breaking/snapping off with a adjustable wrench IF it is indeed the heater hose connector.Where does the other end connect to? if it connects under neath the hood area to the heater blower a/c section,more than likely it is the heater hose connector.

The line with the green clip goes to the PCV valve on the passenger side valve cover. The bottom hose goes to the crossover tube for the thermostat and the top hose goes towards the back of the motor down along the fire wall somewhere. Cant see exactly the end location
Old 05-12-2016, 11:47 PM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,600 Likes on 6,204 Posts

Wow, if thats under the hood, hate to see the frame.......
Old 05-13-2016, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Summers22
Wow, if thats under the hood, hate to see the frame.......
The frame is clean. I bought the truck from an old job. Truck runs and drives excellent for 218k on it.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Italian830
The frame is clean. I bought the truck from an old job. Truck runs and drives excellent for 218k on it.
I found out what that part is by calling my local Ford dealer. Its the Engine Vacuum Connector pn# 7l3z9a474A

Thank you for those of your input. Have a great day

Quick Reply: what part is this