Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

What is the name of this part? (picture)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is the name of this part? (picture)

I was wondering what the black part directly below the headlights was called. I've been trying to find one online that is not plastic (I'm assuming it's metal?) so I can paint it black but I have no idea what it is called. Or where to find one for that matter. Any help would be nice! Thanks
Old 07-20-2015, 10:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen them called either a "front bumper upper cover" or the "front upper valance". They are all plastic, it is just that yours is a textured plastic. I guess ford did this to save money? You need to find a paint-able one for what you are wanting to do (non-textured). You could possibly get a used one on Ebay and have it painted to match your color, or hold out for a used one that is your color.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So then in this picture that part is plastic too?? I would've thought it would be metal like the rest of the truck. But thanks for the info!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

It too is plastic; just smooth, and paintable. Some models, such as the XL's were a black plastic finish. Models such as the one in your picture were smooth, and came painted from the factory. Models, to name a few as the STX, Lariat, FX, King Ranch came with a smoother plastic upper bumper cover, so when looking for an OEM part, select one of these models to locate the part number, or when asking ant a salvage yard. Easily paintable to match your color.

Quick Reply: What is the name of this part? (picture)