Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 05:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Question What do you guys think?

ok well i have been thinking about getting a 3 in level for the front then doing the rear level kit which would basically give it like a 3 inch lift in total....then putting some 18 inch rims and 33inch tires on it...was looking at the black rockstar rims for the truck and not to sure about tire yet...im not looking to spend more then what the truck cost on tires...lol...but i am lokoing for a good all weather tire that has an agressive look...or all terain tire that wont wear down very fast.... but any comments or opinions are appreciated...thanks..
Old 01-01-2008, 05:31 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S in the 31x10.5R15 size. It is a good all terrain tire that handles well on dry roads and wet roads. I have not yet had the chance to use them in the snow or mud, but I am told they will get me to work in the snow and should perform well in the mud too.

Yokohama also has the Geolandar A/T+II which is a little more aggressive tread pattern, and the Geolandar M/T+ which is a much more aggressive tread pattern and looks to be great in the mud.

Here is the link to the Yokohama tire page:
http://www.yokohamatire.com/searchresults.asp?id=lt

Below are some pics of the tires, listed in order as I have mentioned them.
Attached Images    
Old 01-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

From everything I have heard don't do a 3" leveling kit because it puts everything up front at such steep angles. Do a 2.5" leveling kit or a 4" Rancho suspension lift. As far as tires go, my suggestion would be the Pro Comp Xtreme AT because that's what I'm riding on and they seem to be a great tire. Very aggressive looking yet very quiet on the road. I've had them on for over 12k miles now and they still look brand new. Of course Nitto Terra Grapplers and Toyo Open Country are a couple of very popular AT's as well.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:08 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The Geolandar A/T-S is a 50,000 mile tire and I got them locally for $135 each, mounted and balanced.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
From everything I have heard don't do a 3" leveling kit because it puts everything up front at such steep angles. Do a 2.5" leveling kit or a 4" Rancho suspension lift.

if i was going to do the 3in front level...i was going to do the rear level as well...i believe it is a 2.5 rear level...so if i did the 2.5 rear level and with a 3 inch front level it should make the truck sit even....

also i hear that the nittos are nice but im not sure how much they go for...guess i may have to go tire and rim shopping at local places to see what deal i can get or what they suggest...so that i can try to find them cheaper online...
Old 01-01-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

It doesn't matter if the truck is level or not you will still have HORRIBLE CV angles and will wear parts out like crazy.

If you want that much lift go with a body lift or a 4.5" kit by superlift, RCD, or Rancho.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think?