Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

what do y'all think about

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what do y'all think about

what do y'all think about hood shield and window rain guards?

I just had a hood shield installed on my truck now at about 60 MPH i get a whistle sound.

I have a set of rain guards on order to match the hood shield.

The truck is dark red with some chrome and a lot of black. the hood shield and rain guards are black as well

Anyone got a truck with the hood shield and rain guards? I would love to see how they look together.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't own a truck (yet, will by the end of march for sure!), but I have a VW Jetta now and I have the rain guards on the windows. ALOT of Jetta groupies hate the rain gaurds, but I am more of a practical person than looks and they work great for their purpose. I will more than likely get them for my truck also!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 PM

I put the bug shield and vent visors or rain guards on every truck I buy. I think They look good on about any truck if you buy the right design
Old 02-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Is your hood shield also refered to as a "bug shield"? I have one on my 2005, and I have no whistle sounds at highway speeds. Got it at Autozone; forget the brand name. Installed it myself. You remove the front grille/trim ring (about a 10 minute proccess), install the "shield", then re-install the grille/trim ring.

Mine is smoke color. Helps in guarding against stone chips, bugs, etc. When driving in Florida during "love-bug" season, it also helps by making a good percentage of those #@%& things fly over the windshied.

Hate those darn bugs.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on the invoice it shows a wade bugshield 04-08 frd F150.

it was $79.86 installed and out the door

I have a set of TFX- stick on rain guards on order and should be in by Tuesday. they are $66.99 installed.

I am sure I could put them on my self but for the $25 to do them both is is worth it to me. mostly because if something gets screwed up I wont have to pay to fix it.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Derek

Originally Posted by Bucko
Is your hood shield also refered to as a "bug shield"? I have one on my 2005, and I have no whistle sounds at highway speeds. Got it at Autozone; forget the brand name. Installed it myself. You remove the front grille/trim ring (about a 10 minute proccess), install the "shield", then re-install the grille/trim ring.

Mine is smoke color. Helps in guarding against stone chips, bugs, etc. When driving in Florida during "love-bug" season, it also helps by making a good percentage of those #@%& things fly over the windshied.

Hate those darn bugs.
OMG i know exactly what you mean! ****ing hate those lovebugs