Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

wet floor boards

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wet floor boards

Just purchased 2004 F-150 and front floor boards are wet under floor mats on bolth sides. Any ideas??
Old 02-11-2010, 07:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SEARCH: Wet Floor
Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by bambo2888
Amen, and hallaluya!

You will find a TSB on this subject, as well as the perverbial leaking 3rd taillight issues to name a few of the common spots to look for.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:09 PM

I have an 04 and had the same problem a few months back. I posted it and received several good feedbacks. I had my windsheild pessure checked along with weather stripping around windows and doors. It turns out it was the 3rd brake light. I removed the lens to discover the gasket was in a mess, all broke up. i replaced the gasket and have not had a problem since. The one thing you need to check is thresh hole - rocker panel. Pull the plastic stips up, they just pop off. You will find a groove where the wiring harness runs through. I pulled both sides up to find about an inch or so of water. I pulled the shop vac out to pull the water out. I've check since I replaced the 3rd BL gasket and it's dry as a bone.

Good Luck!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Rsfret
I have an 04 and had the same problem a few months back. I posted it and received several good feedbacks. I had my windsheild pessure checked along with weather stripping around windows and doors. It turns out it was the 3rd brake light. I removed the lens to discover the gasket was in a mess, all broke up. i replaced the gasket and have not had a problem since. The one thing you need to check is thresh hole - rocker panel. Pull the plastic stips up, they just pop off. You will find a groove where the wiring harness runs through. I pulled both sides up to find about an inch or so of water. I pulled the shop vac out to pull the water out. I've check since I replaced the 3rd BL gasket and it's dry as a bone.

Good Luck!
Yep, several others have identified the wiring channels as full of water. When I first saw this in my passenger side, I thought the door window seals wear bad, and that water drained from the lower door into these channels some how. I found no lower door holes, so I quickly ruled this out. Then I found that there is a TSB out on this saying that the AC condensor can drip into the channels. I recall having the AC on in a trip from Texas to Florida....my black mat was very wet after about 4 hours into the trip. I thought the drain tube was blocked, but water was dripping from it to the road, and found that the RSB addressed this issue of the condensor within the dash area can sweat, and cause water to get onto the floor of the truck, and then into the passenger wiring rail area.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:17 PM

My 03 had an issue where the condenser drain tube through the firewall was short enough to allow water to wick back into the cab through the foam gasket between the airbox and the firewall. My solution was to silicone the **** out of the exposed foam gasket around the drain tube on the firewall inside the engine compartment. The drain was located on the passenger side down low.

Quick Reply: wet floor boards