Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

westin bull bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default westin bull bar

wondering if the westin bull bar wil work on my truck for i herd that they only fit 4x4 cause the holes for the mounts are drilled already...if i have to drill them out my self do i have to worry bout the airbag sensors?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:56 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by frdrdr4life
wondering if the westin bull bar wil work on my truck for i herd that they only fit 4x4 cause the holes for the mounts are drilled already...if i have to drill them out my self do i have to worry bout the airbag sensors?
Do it. No you do not have to worry about air bag sensors. My wifes truck had one and she got in a head on collision. Her air bags still deployed and I firmly believe that bull bar helped save her life. Her next truck gets one.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:05 PM
not the best but trying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe you have to cut out the front plastic and it comes with the hardware to mount on a 2wd.
Position bottom bracket up to bottom of frame and replace tow hook bolts. Go to step 6.
Insert two bolt plates through the end of the frame and into bottom frame holes. It may be necessary to remove the lower
plastic portion of the bumper to gain access to ends of the frame rails. The indented pockets in the lower bumper will need to be cut
out to allow bottom brackets to pass through.
Attach Bull Bar to mount brackets using 3/8” fasteners. Make sure Bull Bar and brackets are properly aligned and tighten all fasteners.
Recommended torque values are 75 Ft. Lbs. for tow hook bolts, 64 Ft. Lbs. for 1/2” fasteners and 20 Ft.Lbs. for 3/8” stainless steel
Old 01-25-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

thnk guys ...once i get my bonus next month im buying it.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

The Westin bull bar will fit a 2WD, I know because I have one on my truck. It mounts right where the tow hooks go and the holes are already there in the frame. It's sorta a PITA to install because you have to get the bolts up inside the frame without losing them. What I did was tie some fishing line to the back bolt and slid it into the frame until I got it to come through the hole in the frame. I tied the fishing line on it just incase it slide further down the frame than my fingers could reach. Took me about an hour to install right in my driveway so let me know if you have any questions (and yes you will have to cut your front air dam to install it).

Quick Reply: westin bull bar