Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

well i put the super 44 on

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well i put the super 44 on

so i got it instald on saterday with dual 4in tips comming out at the corrners of the bumpers looks good but not what i was expecting with the sound dont get me wrong it sounds awsome but the whole reason i got it was cause my buddy just put the exact same set up on his 08 ram 4.7 and is sounds bad ***! a lil to loud but i was kinda hoping for the same sound but when its just sitting there running you can bearly here it now going down the road its ok like at take off its real good but then settles down but dont gat me wrong i dint want some super loud crapy sounding truck it sounds very agressive but i thought i would get a lil more for what i payed for anyone else felt this way ?
Old 05-20-2008, 12:33 PM

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Maybe try some hi-flow cats to see if that gets you a little louder? I have no idea what you drive, but good luck with it.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Goombah Stomper

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

lol wow, has anyone ever tried to actually speak that paragraph in one breath?

i have a super 40 on mine and im just about the same way with it that you are. and ive got shorter pipes, cuz it comes out the side, so i thought id get a lil more sound, but guessing by the number of cats that are on mine, i figured it would quiet it down a bit. it sounds great on a cold start, but when it warms up, its pretty quiet. ill hopefully get some high-flow cats soon to see if they will make my truck a lil louder
Old 05-20-2008, 01:35 PM

haha! yea sorry bout the post i start just writing what im thinking like im talking! im new im new and i dont know what to do !! but its an 04 5.4 4x4 lariat ext cab if that helps at all.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:21 PM

I have an 04 regular cab FX4 with a super 40 on it with dual pipes. It is quiet after start up. I understand. One way to get a little more aggressive sound out of your truck is an intake. I changed out intakes and it got louder all around when you get up and go. I am considering going to a magnaflow. but not quiet sure yet? anyone have any opinions on that one for me.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

i have a turbo muffler on my 4.6 and its like stock after it warms up...kinda not what i wanted....so ill be adding a dump....

Quick Reply: well i put the super 44 on