Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Weird Noise

Old 11-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Noise

Hello to all, I am a new member and wanted to get some input from you guys on an issue I am having. Several months ago I started hearing a noise coming from what I thought was (and still do think) under the hood. It sounded like a baby rattle or a missing spark type sound. The weird thing was I really didn't notice any loss of power when the noise came and went. I have had the vehicle in to Ford three times now and they cannot find the problem or say they fixed it but really didn't. They first said it was a loose vac hose or something dumb like that but sure enough, as soon as I left the lot it started again. The next two visits they said it was a hub and then a hub assembly. None of these have fixed the problem. The last visit helped a bit as it did not happen as often but it came back to full swing again shortly thereafter. I don't even know what to do anymore as I have gone as far as to open a case with Ford on this but I'm sick and tired of having to pay warranty deductibles and leaving the service dept. with the same problem as when I got there! Has anyone out there had this issue? I still say it might be a wire or some type of spark issue as it seems to happen more when I am going uphill or whenever the truck labors a bit. Pls help if you have heard of this... Thanks to all in advance for your kind help...

-Mike

2004 F-150 Crew-Cab FX4 4x4 5.4L
Old 11-15-2007, 08:20 PM

i have the 05 f150 sc fx4 as well and this sound was happening with my truck not all the time and it was hard to figure out. Ford has 2 times told me that its not an issue preformace wise that the Injectors can make that sound . Now if i can hold them to there word or not whatever but it does make a bit of sense. My best friend has the same issue with his 05 sc fx4 as well so i do see a trend here . I hope i could shed a bit of light for u
Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the reply. I guess this must be somewhat common. So they are saying it is an injector? Will they warranty it?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:58 PM

no because its a common noise apparently so there is nothing to fix in their eyes. see the problem is is that i have a leaking injector so they had replaced it and (warranty) obviously and it is still making the noise so replacing them may not be the answer i only had 1 replaced.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:05 AM

You may want to check your spark plugs. If the insulation is cracked the spark will jump from the crack over to head and it'll make a popping noise that can be heard and the short can be easily seen in the dark. The cylinder will still fire, but the spark will be weak. You may not detect any performance loss at idle or steady operation, but may during heavy acceleration or under a load.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weird Noise