Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Weird noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird noise

I had to go through a body of water the other day that came up past my tires. While my truck made it through no problem, I have since heard a weird noise coming from the engine. It sounds like something is in the fan or caught in the belt. I looked last night and wasn't able to see anything. Any ideas on what it could be?
Old 10-11-2015, 11:04 AM

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomahawk
I had to go through a body of water the other day that came up past my tires. While my truck made it through no problem, I have since heard a weird noise coming from the engine. It sounds like something is in the fan or caught in the belt. I looked last night and wasn't able to see anything. Any ideas on what it could be?
Maybe belt is due for a change and the water helped it along or one of the pulleys is squeeling. Spray them down with just water (I know does'nt make sense) but its better and safer than some chemical. Truck should be running for this of course. I found a bad pully this way. Spray bottle set on stream and just soak them one at a time
Old 10-13-2015, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured it out. My tensioner pulley was shot. Just got a new pulley and a put on a new belt for good measure. The noise is now gone. That spray bottle trick helped out alot.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:09 PM

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Figured it out. My tensioner pulley was shot. Just got a new pulley and a put on a new belt for good measure. The noise is now gone. That spray bottle trick helped out alot.
Awesome. glad you found it

Quick Reply: Weird noise