Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

weird needles fluttering (tach and speedo)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weird needles fluttering (tach and speedo)

on my 08 FX2 S/C 5.4 the last few days Somehow I have paid attention when I have started it up. Upon start up the needles on the tach and speedo, are in their rightful "at rest" positions but flutter ever so much for about 5 seconds then go to where they should be. Is this a common thing or somethin that should be looked into? The other gauges work fine and upon driving the tach and speedo work fine too. thanks for any imput. P.S. I have had the truck for 3+months and just noticed this a few days ago and has happend 3 times. when the truck was cold or has been run previously within an hour or so...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 PM

I have had my truck for a month and it happened three times for me and then stopped. Keep in mind it was-20 outside when it did it. Now that it is warm 10 degrees it hadn't done it since
Old 08-22-2009, 07:46 AM

Default dluttering gauges

I had this same problem with the gauges fluttering. My was cleared up when I replaced a bad battery in the truck. Never found out the cause but it did stop the problem.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:33 PM
UrbanTerrain

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stlbudmen
I had this same problem with the gauges fluttering. My was cleared up when I replaced a bad battery in the truck. Never found out the cause but it did stop the problem.
I had the same problem which ended up being a weak battery. It did it for about 2 months before I really noticed the battery was getting bad. After I changed it it went away.

Quick Reply: weird needles fluttering (tach and speedo)