Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

A Week Full Of Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Go Vols!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default A Week Full Of Mods

Just finished the last mod today... Took me about to week to do all of this, just trying to balance school and work! Looks much better in my opinion

First up came installing new Harley style headlights that I ordered off of eBay...I had heard positives and negatives about getting eBay lights instead of OEM but I figured for 90 bucks it was worth a shot...When I put the headlights in I ran a layer of silicone over the edges just to be on the safe side. Havent had any problems with leaking or fogging yet so im keeping my fingers crossed.

Next I bought some satin black paint for plastic.. Popped off the bed rails and the part on the tailgate and gave the plastic a few coats of paint. Got rid of the white sunfaded parts..It looks 20x better now, I wish I had taken before and after pictures but I forgot.

Then I took my truck to Maxi and had them install duals from the cats. I got two 3.5" tips with the sliced off an angle. I know a lot of people hate straight pipes and call it cheap and whatnot. I think it sounds amazing and have heard nothing but compliments. Its loud when you want it to be but not annoying in my opinion. Took it for a 3 hour drive last weekend on the interstate and you couldnt even hear the drone. So I am completely satisfied. But hey to each his own.

Next up I bought some tail light tint from the store and tinted my tails.. Yes I know the 3rd brakelight is not tinted... I got in a hurry and completely forgot about doing it, it is coming this weekend. I am extremely happy with how it turned out. I used paint promoter to help the paint stick better. One side came out great with no flaws. The other side started to bubble up and the bubbles turned white. I am going to try wetsanding it this weekend to take care of that.

Lastly I bought a set of black out FX4 stickers from ebay. Was torn between this one and the 09+ blackout stickers but I am happy with it. Was easy to do once I got the old stickers off. Just had to make sure everything was taped off good so I could get it as straight as possible.

Let me know your thoughts!!
Attached Thumbnails A Week Full Of Mods-headlights.jpg   A Week Full Of Mods-pipes.jpg   A Week Full Of Mods-tailights.jpg   A Week Full Of Mods-taillights.jpg   A Week Full Of Mods-sticker.jpg  

Old 10-19-2012, 02:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks awesome, my brother has the harley lights on his truck for 3 years now...no leaks what so ever, they still look brand new, your tail lights look incredible. Is that a super crew or what? and i bought the wrong 3rd brake light for my truck if you wanna buy it. i paid 40 for it, ill sell it to you for 30 bucks. if your interested.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Go Vols!

Originally Posted by nohatpat
looks awesome, my brother has the harley lights on his truck for 3 years now...no leaks what so ever, they still look brand new, your tail lights look incredible. Is that a super crew or what? and i bought the wrong 3rd brake light for my truck if you wanna buy it. i paid 40 for it, ill sell it to you for 30 bucks. if your interested.
Thanks man! And it's a super cab. I'm planning on just tinting the third brake light like the other taillights. I can't decide whether to tint the whole thing or tape off the clear parts.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 AM
2004 FX4 Scab

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

My truck has a twin! Haha. Looks exactly like my truck before my level/tires lol. Looking great! And for third light, tape off clear parts. Looks great. Check out my truck if you want to see what it looks like.

PS: the black and silver color scheme is amazing I think.

Last edited by Sparkie04FX4; 10-19-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the way the first post reads, I'm imagining Maxi fab'd the exhaust.. How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

Trucks looking really good! Just my .02, I think it would look great if you matched the 3rd brake on the tails and taped off the clear.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Go Vols!

Originally Posted by Sparkie04FX4
My truck has a twin! Haha. Looks exactly like my truck before my level/tires lol. Looking great! And for third light, tape off clear parts. Looks great. Check out my truck if you want to see what it looks like.

PS: the black and silver color scheme is amazing I think.

Yeah I will probably tape off the clear parts on the third light...Im hoping to sell my car this weekend and then getting some 35" trails and some XD Addict wheels!

I love the black and silver combo, it looks mean!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Go Vols!

Originally Posted by XLT Billy
From the way the first post reads, I'm imagining Maxi fab'd the exhaust.. How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

Trucks looking really good! Just my .02, I think it would look great if you matched the 3rd brake on the tails and taped off the clear.

Yeah that's right..they said it was going to be $200 before the tips were added...So the total with tips and taxes came out to be close to $300. But thanks!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:57 AM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

awesome!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:39 PM
2004 FX4 Scab

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by godsey23

Yeah I will probably tape off the clear parts on the third light...Im hoping to sell my car this weekend and then getting some 35" trails and some XD Addict wheels!

I love the black and silver combo, it looks mean!
You won't regret those trails! I love my 35s! And once I pay off the tires, ill be getting some machined rockstars.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Go Vols!

Originally Posted by Sparkie04FX4
You won't regret those trails! I love my 35s! And once I pay off the tires, ill be getting some machined rockstars.

You have a 3" level right? How is the rubbing with them?

I have a 2.5" HBS level and Im more concerned about the backspacing on the wheels than getting the tires. Just thought id see how it went with yours?

Quick Reply: A Week Full Of Mods