Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Weapon X Ignition Coils

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 AM
South County Bad Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weapon X Ignition Coils

Anybody heard of these? I was on RPM Outlet and they are advertising these as performance coils that add up to 25hp and up to 3mpg. They definitely look different from all the coils I've seen because they are completely straight up and down and streamline the function of the coil. They are selling all 8 for $430, but if you work it out that's $53.75 per coil, which is like an average price for oem coils. I guess I'm just used high prices for high horsepower. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Combat Trucker

doesnt look like a bad deal. go for it and let me know how you like em
Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 PM
South County Bad Boy

Can you reimburse me if I don't like them? Haha, as soon as I save up enough money I will try and get a hold of them and install a set of NGK plugs too.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Combat Trucker

sounds good. and no i wont reimburse you. lol. who are you anyway? i have a feeling i know you.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There will be a Group Buy for the Weapon X coils on another forum(Mazda) since they use the same ones as these in the next month or so....you might try to get in on that action if you are interested.

I have the Weapon X coils on my Mazda 6 and they picked up 12whp across the board for me and I have gotten 1.7mpg better with them.I plan on swapping these coils in my F-150 soon enough after I get a cat-back and a tune.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Combat Trucker

Originally Posted by djquik1
There will be a Group Buy for the Weapon X coils on another forum(Mazda) since they use the same ones as these in the next month or so....you might try to get in on that action if you are interested.

I have the Weapon X coils on my Mazda 6 and they picked up 12whp across the board for me and I have gotten 1.7mpg better with them.I plan on swapping these coils in my F-150 soon enough after I get a cat-back and a tune.
id get the coils first then get custom tunes. youll get more power that way
Old 04-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Originally Posted by Rainman
id get the coils first then get custom tunes. youll get more power that way
I tend to disagree as the coils lean out the a/f ratio and with a CAI alreadu installed I am running lean at WOT.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Combat Trucker

Originally Posted by djquik1
I tend to disagree as the coils lean out the a/f ratio and with a CAI alreadu installed I am running lean at WOT.
how is that true? coil pack dont have anything to do with how much fuel and air you get, they just ignite it. maybe im just dumb cuz i dont know a lot about that kinda stuff but it dont make sense to me.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Originally Posted by Rainman
how is that true? coil pack dont have anything to do with how much fuel and air you get, they just ignite it. maybe im just dumb cuz i dont know a lot about that kinda stuff but it dont make sense to me.
Well,when you increase the voltage output to 80k volts from the stock output of 20k you tend to get a more efficient burn which leans out your a/f ratio.I know this happened for a fact as I went .3 leaner on my wideband after I installed the coils on my Mazda without altering the tune at all.
They even warn that is possible on the part description.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Racing Ignition Coil features / benefits include
- Allows for greater spark plug gap to improve power and mpg
- multiple spark discharge
- ideal for vehicles producing over 16psi boost
- complete competition level RFI/EMI protection
- allows for better use with racing spark plugs if desired
- high output capability
- posses High Power Ignition circuits which both allow for quick charge and coil recovery characteristics all while delivering high energy transfer potential
- super high quality conductor selections
- ultra efficient power transfer and design characteristsic
- CNC profiled positive retention connectors
- weather proof dust boots
- unique blend of copper and zinc materials conducts electricity over 30x better then our stainless steel competitor and keeps resists corrosion unlike any other material
- high rpm capability
- extended fuel mileage
- extended horsepower

Secondary Voltage Potential - 80k volts
Secondary Coil Rating - 14.1k/ohms
Primary Coil Rating - 1.4ohms
Body Outer Diameter - 0.925 inches

Part #
SO-2000u2v (Ford Modular 2 valve)
SO-2000u4v (Ford Modular 4 valve)

Note: Typically 95% of our customers do a direct swap in with no issues meaning these coils do not typically require a tune, however, the coils have been known to lean out the combination ever so slightly over the OEM coils. If you have an extreme combination we really recommend checking things out with a Air/Fuel ratio monitor just to be safe.

Quick Reply: Weapon X Ignition Coils