Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Water was a little too deep

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Water was a little too deep

About a month ago I was attempting to drive my 2005 F150 to my camp. It was flooding, and I needed to get some things out. When the water got to the bottom of the cab, I decided to give up and back out. That was a bad move. I lost the road, and backed off, putting the truck into water that came into the driver side cab about six inches.(It was on a slant, so water did not go into the pass side.) It was stuck, so I had to wade out and leave it sitting there for about an hour, in the water. I have an old 89 F250 that I pulled it out with.
Now the problems. My air bag light is on, and every time I start it up, it flashes, and the bell goes off intermittantly for about five minutes. I assume water got into a sensor, but I don't know where. Also, on occasion it shifts hard, like a real bad u joint.(U-joints are fine). Could water have gotten into the transmission? (it's an auto) It didn't do that before it went in the water.
There seems to be a lot of people on this forum that know a lot about these trucks, and I hope you all can give me some suggestions on what to do.
Thanks, Tom
Old 11-21-2009, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by etteroc27
About a month ago I was attempting to drive my 2005 F150 to my camp. It was flooding, and I needed to get some things out. When the water got to the bottom of the cab, I decided to give up and back out. That was a bad move. I lost the road, and backed off, putting the truck into water that came into the driver side cab about six inches.(It was on a slant, so water did not go into the pass side.) It was stuck, so I had to wade out and leave it sitting there for about an hour, in the water. I have an old 89 F250 that I pulled it out with.
Now the problems. My air bag light is on, and every time I start it up, it flashes, and the bell goes off intermittantly for about five minutes. I assume water got into a sensor, but I don't know where. Also, on occasion it shifts hard, like a real bad u joint.(U-joints are fine). Could water have gotten into the transmission? (it's an auto) It didn't do that before it went in the water.
There seems to be a lot of people on this forum that know a lot about these trucks, and I hope you all can give me some suggestions on what to do.
Thanks, Tom
Change every single fluid in the truck!! From differential to brake fluid! Everything!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:21 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by firefighter
Change every single fluid in the truck!! From differential to brake fluid! Everything!
I agree. Change ALL fluids.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:29 PM
workin for parts!!!

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Pics!! :d:d
Old 11-21-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05 super
Pics!! :d:d
X2

Quick Reply: Water was a little too deep