Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Water Leaking Passenger Side

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water Leaking Passenger Side

Hello everyone. I have a 2005 F150 Lariat. I have noticed my passenger side carpet/foam has been soaked lately. I have spent some time looking for the leak in the 3rd break light, window seals, etc, with no luck. It is raining today so i went out to see if i could see anything, and I found where the water is dripping from. However, i'm still not sure where the source is. I have attached a couple photos to help show where it's dripping from. To describe in text, it is behind the trim of passenger side next to the fuse box. There is a hole in the metal where water is pooling up and then it drips down the side into the wiring channel. In the photo with the red arrow, this is what i'm taking about. I'm really hoping someone can help locate where the source of the leak may be coming from. Any info would help. Thanks!

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Water Leaking Passenger Side-truck2.jpg   Water Leaking Passenger Side-truck3.jpg  
Old 02-03-2016, 07:20 PM

Received 268 Likes on 247 Posts

Is your sealing boot for the door wires all the way in on your A-post? Had water coming from the same area a few weeks ago and found my boot had somehow popped out and that's where it was coming in. Other than that, you're probably looking at a leaky windshield that needs to be resealed.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:20 PM

nrivera04, thanks for the response. Sorry for my ignorance here, but what is the A-post? I tried google for some photos but didn't find anything.....
Old 02-04-2016, 01:24 AM

Received 268 Likes on 247 Posts

The post where you door hinges are attached to. There's a rubber boot surrounding the wires going into the door.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:03 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

If you have not done so already, check the drainage area at the lower rearward section of the front fenders. Open the front doors, and then with a coat hanger, bend a small hook at one end. Then insert the coat hanger into the lower front fender. Pull back, and you may find lots of leaves and other junk that collects there, blocking the water from being able to drain down to the ground, and causing it to perhaps drain back into your location.
If those rubber end caps have rotted off from the windshield plastic cowls, this will allow leaves and debris to fall down into this lower fender area and block the water from draining as it is supposed to do.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the tips. I will hopefully get some time today to go check those things out. I will post back here after my findings.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

figure out where it is leaking from?

just had a bad rain storm in vancouver this weekend and i found some water down there and also seems that my drain for my sunroof overfilled and was leaking all over my passenger seat
Old 02-17-2016, 05:20 PM

vancity_chad, I havn't figured it out 100% yet, but i'm leaning towards my windshield seal. The outer seal on the passenger side of the windshield is not tight against the glass. and that is directly above the area the water is getting into. I will eventually have someone look at it for me. Was really hoping to fix it myself, but i don't really want to mess with the windshield.

I suspected my sunroof, but the seals around that are as tight as could be.
Old 04-26-2021, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever figure this out? I'm dealing with this right now.

Quick Reply: Water Leaking Passenger Side