Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Water in interior!

Old 11-22-2015, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in interior!

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 2008 f150 four door. My girl noticed the passenger side floor is wet after driving it today( with wet road conditions). I can't find where it's coming into the interior From. I'm thinking maybe the plastic piece on the floor between the seat and door. I believe it's called a floor trim panel. The carpet isn't wet up by the dash it towards the side mostly where your feet go. And no it's not just wet from her wet feet! Lol

There is a little water in the channel where there are wires on the passenger side.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 11-23-2015, 12:04 AM
TOTM November 2019

Received 11,563 Likes on 6,189 Posts

Yep, your third brake is leaking. Common problem. Take it off, fit a thicker homemade gasket to it and problem solved. I used 1/4" window seal foam with one side that has adhesive. But that was before I bought a aftermarket third brake light lense from ebay.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:48 AM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

I believe it may be your satalite radio antenna on the roof of the truck near the passenger side. It will leak through the passenger Apillar grab handle. Pop it off and silicone it. http://www.f150online.com/galleries/...097-165870.jpg
Old 11-23-2015, 01:08 AM

I just looked at it again and I do believe it's coming through that plastic piece that covers the channel that the wires are in If I pop a piece off the holes that that piece connect into you can see ground. The only thing that seems to be what is the passenger side floor towards the door....
Old 11-23-2015, 01:09 AM

How do I pop the antenna off and I will silicone it just to be safe?
Old 11-23-2015, 04:47 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

If the mentioned common places do not solve your water in the door sill channel issue, do a search on "water leak"; you will find lists of places that can cause water to gather in the door channels.
As mentioned in a couple of threads last week on this same subject, I had water collecting in the passenger side door sill channel due to the large wire grommet that passes through the firewall behind the battery.
What can happen is that the water channels that allow the water to drain from the windshield channel to the front fenders (in front of the doors) get clogged with leaves and other junk; the water builds up and finds another place to go.
Use a coat hanger slightly bent at the tip and insert it between the front door and front fender area (door open) to pull back and out the collected junk that settles there. You'll be suprised.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:24 AM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

im having same issue going to do a "few of the fixes" https://www.f150forum.com/f4/water-issue-321443/
Old 11-24-2015, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your windshield cowl... on the very end there is rubber instead of plastic. are they both intact? also, the plastic push fastener that helps hold the cowl down, is it there? When i replaced my windshield cowl and fastener, the water under the front passenger mat never happened again...
Old 11-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by wink182000
your windshield cowl... on the very end there is rubber instead of plastic. are they both intact? also, the plastic push fastener that helps hold the cowl down, is it there? When i replaced my windshield cowl and fastener, the water under the front passenger mat never happened again...
The cowl end pieces are only to cover the gap that allows the water to drain down the lower fender ends in front of the door; regardless if they are there or not, water will still (and is supposed to) drain in this area. The covers and end pieces are cosmetic.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bucko
The cowl end pieces are only to cover the gap that allows the water to drain down the lower fender ends in front of the door; regardless if they are there or not, water will still (and is supposed to) drain in this area. The covers and end pieces are cosmetic.
Where should i clean out? In kind of confused about where the water from the cowl goes too?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water in interior!