Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Warranty Work for 9/14

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Justin

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Warranty Work for 9/14

Well have warranty work scheduled for the '06 F150 next Monday (9/14).

The stock alarm starting going wacko a few months back, so I put it in valet mode until my next dealer trip to fix. Kept saying the ITs were being tripped, even though the truck was sitting in the garage with the door closed.

Secondly, got in the truck on monday (9/7) and the green back lighting of the message center (odometer, temp & compass) went out. Tried turning on the headlights and all the tricks, no luck.

Will also have the works pkg done (oil change, fluid top off & tire rotate) while it's in.

Anyone else experience my problems listed above, and no not the oil change.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Justin

Okay had the work done yesterday. Of course the oil change/tire rotation was simple enough. They stated a bulb had burned out behind the message center and replaced it. But of course, I should have figured, they didn't fix the alarm.

The alarm now blinks like it's armed, but is not. Can bang on thw windows, jump in the bed and even open the door when armed, and will not go off. And also, I must now press the bypass switch below the dash for the ignition to start, otherwise simply turning the key in the ignition won't work. So I have another warranty repair scheduled for next Monday (9/21) to get this fixed.

Good thing is, I will have the Blue Oval replaced on the grille, as their is a discolored portion, about the size of a dime. Which since my warranty 3yr/36Kmi runs out 12/1/09, I want to get all done that I can before it starts costing me. Which I have an ESP that is a $100 dedeuctible for any/all work done and covers for 72months/75K miles (includes factory 3yr/36K mi).
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Justin

Alright. Took the truck back in yesterday (9/21) and here's the verdict.

Of course they swapped out the old blue oval on the grille for new. Really nice & shiny!

Also, they determined the alarm module to be unresponsive and replaced the unit. HURRAY, the alarm works again and doesn't go off randomly while sitting in the garage.

This may just be my last warranty work under the 3yr/36K miles (crosses fingers). But I do have an ESP for 6 or 7yrs/72K miles. So here's the list of all warranty items I've had since buying my truck 12/2/06 with 23 miles on the clock, including my 10 mile test drive.
  • Front Passenger Speaker replaced
  • Message Center Bulb replaced
  • PowerCode Alarm Module replaced
  • Drivers Door Window Swtich replaced
  • Grille Ford Blue Oval Emblem replaced
That's it in warranty work. Now I did have a TSB performed on my transmission due to sluggish shifting. Also when they replaced the front passenger speaker, the tech scratch the paint really bad on that door, so the two passenger doors were re-painted. Otherwise, nothing other than your normal maintanence in the nearly 3yrs & 25K miles on the truck.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

the bulb, and switch are pretty common things that go bad. the speaker and the alarm, well those are electronics and sometimes things happen. not sure where your alarm is, but maybe you got some snow or water in that speaker....if not, just a bad one from ford?

what is this tsb you speak of for the tranny?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Justin

Originally Posted by blackbetty
the bulb, and switch are pretty common things that go bad. the speaker and the alarm, well those are electronics and sometimes things happen. not sure where your alarm is, but maybe you got some snow or water in that speaker....if not, just a bad one from ford?

what is this tsb you speak of for the tranny?
Not familiar with the bulb being a major issue, but no worries there.

I've seen many people have the window switch issues, so I was familiar with this problem.

The alarm module is tucked up under the dash, wasn't responsive, the dealer couldn't even describe why. No sweat off my back though, new module and all is good.

Now the speaker cracked/ripped, must have played music too loud for the stockers to handle. I have an aftermarket head unit, but when replacing the speaker, I simply reinstalled the factory deck. My aftermarket unit only pushes 20 watts to each door speaker, which evidently is still too much for the stockers to handle.

Here's the TSB on the tranny. It's simply a reflash of the PCM.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/fullt...hp?tsb=06-19-3
Old 09-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

i have a 05 4.6 that has hesitation on acceleration and it hunts for the downshift, i am actually giving troyer a call on monday about it, i wonder if that is even a consern for me...?

also are tsb's free like a recall if you dont have a warnetee any more?
Old 09-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Justin

Originally Posted by blackbetty
i have a 05 4.6 that has hesitation on acceleration and it hunts for the downshift, i am actually giving troyer a call on monday about it, i wonder if that is even a consern for me...?

also are tsb's free like a recall if you dont have a warnetee any more?
Yeah if you're still under warranty, the TSB service is free. If outside warranty, it would most likely cost their hourly labor rate.

Check these out, maybe yours is caused by one of them.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.p...y-2005/t-06227

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.p...-2005/t-051012

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.p...2005/t-08-5-13

Otherwise, here are the majority of, if not all TSB's for a 2005 F150.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.p...y-2005/d-F-150

Quick Reply: Warranty Work for 9/14