Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

warranty nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty nightmare

so i purchased my truck in december of last year. i purchased the extended warranty with it. (Continental Warranty) noticed slight tick. thought it was manifold leak. took to get fixed. manifold had 3 broken studs. tried o have warranty pay but they dont cover that. so i payed out of pocket. noise continued. read on forum about the famous tick noise. Took the truck to dealer to have fix and dealer said that i needed a new engine. dealer calls warranty nd warranty said they dont pay for new engine but the will give me a used one. dealer said they only install new one. had to pay dealer 105 for diagnostic. i called the warranty to ask what happen and they told me what dealer said. they told me to take it to a a mechanic of my chose and they will pay directly. so i took it to three of my mechanics. they all declined they work because warranties are headaches. i told the mechanics i would pay what ever the warranty doent cover. still declined. i called warranty to see if they had a mechanic they recommend. i explained the situation. they dont cover cam phaser. i they gave me a place to go to. i went and they told me they dont do warranty work. the worst part my coverage ends in december. i paid for nothing. running out of ideas.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:23 PM

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

If you are not happy with your extended warranty ask for a refund, it will be pro-rated but it sounds like your getting shafted anyway.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what it looks like. Warranty ends in December

Quick Reply: warranty nightmare