Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Warm cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warm cab

My 08 supercrew crew seams to be very warm. Right now the out side temp is in the 60-70 Degree and it is very warm in the cab I have to put the A/C on or put down the windows.

In comparison my 00 frontier with the same out side temps is very comfortable with out the windows down or a/c on.

I was in a friends 05 F150 crew cab and hers was warm as well but only after driving for about 20 minutes.

Is this normal for the F150 trucks?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Average Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rickyp
My 08 supercrew crew seams to be very warm. Right now the out side temp is in the 60-70 Degree and it is very warm in the cab I have to put the A/C on or put down the windows.

In comparison my 00 frontier with the same out side temps is very comfortable with out the windows down or a/c on.

I was in a friends 05 F150 crew cab and hers was warm as well but only after driving for about 20 minutes.

Is this normal for the F150 trucks?
I had an 06 STX, an 04 SCREW XLT 4x4 and now an 05 SCREW XLT 4x4 and they all seem to be a little warm inside. I think its because the interior is actually well made and holds in the heat. The nissans and yotas seem to have a really plasticy interior that probably lets the heat out. Its nice in the winter time.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the interior is actually well made and holds in the heat, Does this mean that it will also hold in the A/C during the summer?

Will window tinting help keep the truck cooler?
Old 04-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Average Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rickyp
if the interior is actually well made and holds in the heat, Does this mean that it will also hold in the A/C during the summer?

Will window tinting help keep the truck cooler?
I think it does pretty well. I live in the midwest and we get 100+ in the summer and -10 to 20's in the winter. In the winter I have to turn the heat off after a bit (or crack a window since my wife is always cold), and in the summer I've had to shut the air off after a while. The only thing I can say is that the cab seals well. My glass is only factory tinted so I imagine that if you tinted it that would help with keeping the heat out.

Quick Reply: Warm cab