Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Vent Gaurds/ Visors

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent Gaurds/ Visors

hey guys I'm lookin' to buy some vent guards for my truck. Was wondering if any of you guys have some pic's of them on your trucks, id love to see em...

i keep seeing prices from $40.00-$120.00. found some dark tint one's for $110.00, was wondering if these are over priced or normal?

http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.co.../W2482344.html
Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not have a good picture of the ones I have on my 08 super crew. I have the wade and the front drop down along the mirror. They block a little of the passenger side mirror but not real bad. The ones I have are the in channel and I am still unsure about them, I always had the stick on the outside.

Before I put them on when I put the back window down It sounded like a drum with the air coming in and it would hurt my ears. Now the noise is not bad at all.

I for one like the way they look on a truck and they are great for being able to leave you window down a little in the summer and not worry about rain or someone getting in.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by rickyp
I do not have a good picture of the ones I have on my 08 super crew. I have the wade and the front drop down along the mirror. They block a little of the passenger side mirror but not real bad. The ones I have are the in channel and I am still unsure about them, I always had the stick on the outside.

Before I put them on when I put the back window down It sounded like a drum with the air coming in and it would hurt my ears. Now the noise is not bad at all.

I for one like the way they look on a truck and they are great for being able to leave you window down a little in the summer and not worry about rain or someone getting in.
those are the reasons why i want to get them, where did you buy yours from by the way ?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a place called cap world install them for me. it was like $15 for them to put them on for me.

I went in and ordered the outside stick on ones and had them put them one. They didn't do a real good job and one blew off going down the road and all the others started to come unstuck. Cap world ordered me a set of the in channel ones to replace the outside stick on ones and instilled them.

I could have installed them very easy. the sole reason I paid someone to do it, If something happened they would have to take care of it. If I did it I would have been out $80.

The in channel ones are very easy to install. you put down the window take the backing off the tape and push them in the channel and put up the window and leave it up for 48 hours.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by rickyp
I had a place called cap world install them for me. it was like $15 for them to put them on for me.

I went in and ordered the outside stick on ones and had them put them one. They didn't do a real good job and one blew off going down the road and all the others started to come unstuck. Cap world ordered me a set of the in channel ones to replace the outside stick on ones and instilled them.

I could have installed them very easy. the sole reason I paid someone to do it, If something happened they would have to take care of it. If I did it I would have been out $80.

The in channel ones are very easy to install. you put down the window take the backing off the tape and push them in the channel and put up the window and leave it up for 48 hours.

thanks for the advice =) it will help
Old 03-31-2009, 09:18 PM
PJB

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Ive got a set of Trail FX vent visors on my truck and they work fine. They were on the truck when I bought it.

I dont have a good close up pic of them though.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

mine are avs in channel ones, I think they look better than the ones that stick outside IMO. I ordered them from autozone.
Attached Images  
Old 03-31-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by 07 White FX2
Those are the exact ones I have. I also think they look alot better than the stick on ones. I don't have a good pic of them, but if I remember tomorrow I will get one to post
Old 04-01-2009, 02:05 PM

sweet well i think i will probably order those ones i linked unless some one here links me some better ones or better priced ones, the ones i linked are the best i found thus far
Old 04-01-2009, 10:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

have you looked at the AVS brand? I think i payed 50 bucks for mine, instead of 110.

Quick Reply: Vent Gaurds/ Visors