Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

VCT System Options

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 09:28 PM

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Default VCT System Options

Well I bought an 05 crew cab a few months ago and knew I had to tackle this so I'm getting ready to order parts. I've got chain slap and diesel sound. I got a good end deal on the truck that I felt like doing this work would be OK. after reading the numerous threads I'm now torn as to whether I should replace the phasers or do the lock outs. I've read stories of phaser noise coming back a few months after they've been replaced and I don't really want that, but I like the idea of the VCT system for power and efficiency. I changed out the solenoids, but I still have the diesel sound. can you guys help me with the best decision?
Thanks in advance,
Ryan
Old 04-06-2016, 12:26 AM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by nugget68
Well I bought an 05 crew cab a few months ago and knew I had to tackle this so I'm getting ready to order parts. I've got chain slap and diesel sound. I got a good end deal on the truck that I felt like doing this work would be OK. after reading the numerous threads I'm now torn as to whether I should replace the phasers or do the lock outs. I've read stories of phaser noise coming back a few months after they've been replaced and I don't really want that, but I like the idea of the VCT system for power and efficiency. I changed out the solenoids, but I still have the diesel sound. can you guys help me with the best decision?
Thanks in advance,
Ryan
change all parts with OEM and you most likely wont have a issue..

make sure you have good oil pressure.

Quick Reply: VCT System Options