Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Used X2 from Troyer

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used X2 from Troyer

I bought a used X2 from a local guy at a great deal. I got the x2 tuner with custom tunes, Airforce 1 CAI and a Magnaflow cat back for $325. But now I am learning alot more about tuning and I am a little concerned that I dont know enough or my set up wont be right so I have a few questions.

Does anyone have the "canned tunes" for this unit and can they be interchanged with other X2s or are they S/N specific? If so can somone send them to me.
Does anyone know what it cost for more custom tunes?

If I only put on the CAI and install the tune but not the exhaust am I at risk for screwwing anything up?

Will I run too lean if I run with just the CAI and no tune or exhaust?

The guy I bought it from had an 04 screw with a 5.4 and a 3.73, I have an 04 scab with a 5.4 and 3.55. I should be able to use his tunes without a problem right? I think i can change the gearing in the tuner for my truck... i hope.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most fords run very lean from factory. Some will say it is okay to run cai with out tunes but personally I wouldnt until you do it right with tunes.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I learned a little to day from Troyer Performance. According to them you can use a 3" airforce1 without being too lean the 3.25 or 3.5" needs to be tuned.

The X2 does not come with any canned tunes. It is a custom tune unit only.

And the big kick in the pants, An X2 tune from a like truck will not work on another truck. even if it has the same motor, gears, configuration of everything else. The guy I talked to was very helpful and knowledgable so thumbs up to Troyer for that. Basically I have to spend more $$ to get my own custom tunes for the tuner that I thought would work on my truck.

So lesson learned: Only buy a used custom tuner if you can get it cheap enough to spend the $150 for new tunes.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So basically, Airforce 1 CAI and a Magnaflow cat back for $325 plus x2 tuner and no tunes. Not a total loss, and I'm sure it was a quck learning curve. Keep us posted on your new tunes.

Larry L

Quick Reply: Used X2 from Troyer